United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mrs. Spielfreak was sitting at the kitchen table paying off some bills when she paused on one of our credit card statements.

MSF: Who is William Superstore?

Me: I don't know, why do you ask?

MSF: There is a line on this statement that we spent money at William Superstore.

Me: Lemme see.

:
12/19 WM SUPERSTORE $$$$$$
:

MSF: That was the date that you and I went shopping together. Where did we go?

Me: *thinks* ... Aha! That must be for the video games we bought at WalMart!!

MSF: I think you're right. Why didn't they just put WALMART on the statement? That WM SUPERSTORE line is confusing.

Me: I guess having WM SUPERSTORE on the statement was better than having WALMART SS...

To be fair, our local WALMART had just recently undergone an upgrade to a superstore, so we never think of it as being a super place. We will forever refer to it as WALLY WORLD, no matter what they choose to put on the statement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You know for 5 hot minutes they did have cartoon "kids" named Wally and Marty featured in an ad for Walmart...

...and I also call it Wally World, because every visit is like a day in the life of National Lampoon's Vacation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walmart SS!!!!

Love it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil and I live in bordering towns, in different states

I have also shopped at that Walmart SS

I will never again use a credit card there devil
just after the remodel I purchased two Leapster cartridges for $ 37 total

I was required to swipe my Credit Card and then hand the Credit Card and my Drivers License to the clerk devil

... I protested and was told it was required and for my own protection
well, if I need that kind of protection in a Walmart store for a $37 purchase
I certainly don't want to pull my License out of my wallet and hand it to an unknown party in a Walmart store

my purchases at Walmart SS will be limited to groceries purchased using my debit card

BTW .. in the Target store across the street, you just swipe your Credit Card and no signature is required for purchases under $50

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
Many of my family members have had trouble buying stuff at Best Buy when visiting relatives out of state. I heard 2 different stories over Christmas about siblings attempting to buy CDs, or some trivial thing, and having their credit cards declined. They called their credit card company, and were told that they couldn't make purchases at electronics stores in Oklahoma because they hadn't informed them (the credit card company) that they were going on vacation.

Oddly, they had no such restrictions at Walmart SS. They could have gone there and bought a 60" plasma TV without raising any red flags.

This story is only tangentially related, I know. I started typing and realized I had misremembered the details, but I had typed too much to hit cancel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.