Ragh Gavar
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Take the plastic basestars and put everything else from Pegasus back in the box.

2) Play the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
At £15 per basestar, it's a steal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's weird. My first two games of BSG-P were fine. Quite exciting finishes from New Caprica. All with relatively unexperienced BSG players. Then I play PBF online, and we're barely getting to New Caprica, let alone humans winning. Last night my son and I finished a four character two player game, and the cylons (Ellen & Cavil) beat the humans (AdamaZarek & Starbuck) before Galactica had returned to orbit. WE had lost both Pegasus and Colonial One too. Three dials at 1, and we ran out of fuel.

I find it okay (so far) but I can see the loopholes beckoning.

Gerry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We find it best to play without New Caprica, but with the rest of the expansion. The Cylon Leaders are a pretty bad mechanic, but better than the original sympathiser cards. We normally have one in a 6 player game, but that person normally feels outside the game.

So we're still going to Kolbol and jumping to 8, rather than 7. I wonder if that means we shouldn't play with the new destination cards as many of the new cards seem lower (which is fine if you only need to get to 7. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragh Gavar
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've actually left in the following:
=Cylon location overlay
=Crises and Super Crises that do not involve executions or treachery
=Destinations - Misjump and Cylon Refinery
=Quorum - Assign Chief of Staff, Consult the Oracle and Probation
=Sympathetic Cylon and sympathetic agendas for 4- and 6-player games
=The plastic basestars

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the cylon leader to be quite fun. I've only played once but next week I will have a second play. Every turn I gave my suggestion. I never expanded on my suggestions until later in the game. Sometimes it was what tehy should have done and sometimes it was just an okay move. They were always guessing what I was trying to do and sometimes I even did things to make them think I was doing something else.

Leoben - Grant Mercy FYI.

Everything else seems really nice. We found a loop hole where Cain excuted herself and picked Adama to keep the admiralcy out of cylon hands but *shrugs* eh. I feel like this expansion actually gives the cylons something more to do. After you reveal in the normal game all you can do is heckle... then on your turn you decide the best way to hurt the humans. In the expansion you have treachery cards so you get to pay attention more... do you hit this check or try and wait for a reckless check. I just feel like a revealed cylon has more to do now which is nice.

Also the cylon leader is great for anyone in your game who "runs" it or mostly "runs" the game. No one trusts them so it gives balance to everyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
At £15 per basestar, it's a steal!
No LEGO characters? That sounds like only another £15 for the whole set

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.