Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at Mission 2 and it looks like there is missing a Genestealer Entry Point down on the lower right corner. I cannot remember (and don't have books with me), but in 1st Ed, wasn't that open entry area an entry point? Did GW just forget to print one of those arrows on the map?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I find it a strange design decision, there is not supposed to be an entry point there. You are correct though that the entry point was there in 1st edition.
http://files.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/59lms8xa0x/Addi...
(pg. 2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne O'Keeffe
Ireland
Sligo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love Space Hulk but this mission sucks. Only played the new version so would this 'missing' entrance actually make this mission playable and fun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, without that entrance point, the 6 spaces to block ALL of those entryways can be done in that main corridor. With that entry point, you need a marine down both corridors to effectively block off that side, so it definately makes a tactical difference, if the marine is trying to seal the entryways. With the changes to the marines though, I'd probably just back up into a corner and let the stealers come to me and waste them on Overwatch/Guard...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royston Jones
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though it's been clarified that there is no entry point at this junction, it's clearly a mistake, and has not been printed. Don't you think there would have been a dead end piece there instead, there's enough of them in the box?

Also, in mission 3, "rescue", 2 of the 2 square long corridors haven't been used in front of 2 entry points at the north of the map. Maybe they wanted it this way.

I just don't think that GW wanted to admit it was a mistake. Let's face it, how could GW make a mistake, it's just not possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play the mission as-is, but allow the 'stealers a non-limited pool of blips, it makes the mission work. If the stealers have a set number of blips, the marines just have to hunker down, and it stalemates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.