Claustrophobia» Forums » Rules

Subject: quick questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fred Tortonesi
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
on page 8 of the rule books it say abilities in red can only be selected one per game. does that mean that those are one and done abilities, or is this a misprint?

on page 11 does that mean 3 heros and 3 demonbs totaling six figures 3 from each side on a tile or a combined total of only 3?

on exlporing the demon player is forbidden to place a dead end piece when a hero explores(page 12)? if so how do you block heros paths?

sorry for all the questions. can't wait to play this sunday or next sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Alexandria Bay
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
-that was a misprint, it has been clarified by the designer as meaning once per turn
-3 per side, so 6
-you can't block their path unless there's no other choice (either because the tile will join another tile to create a dead end or because it's a stash tile).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fred Tortonesi
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
ic.i was thinking it was pretty harsh to only get touse burrowing monsters only once per game. especially if there were not tokens to help remind the players you used it already. then again always good idea to check.what you mean by stash tile?

and since i am new to this game and ready to start the survivors scenario are underground hunters a special troglodyte or are they saying only can put in 1 per round?sorry for all the questions. I just want to play the game correctly as best to my knowlege. I don't want to just pretend to know a rule before i plop it on the table to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CROC
France
Guyancourt
Yvelines
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
alfan727 wrote:
ic.i was thinking it was pretty harsh to only get touse burrowing monsters only once per game. especially if there were not tokens to help remind the players you used it already. then again always good idea to check.what you mean by stash tile?

and since i am new to this game and ready to start the survivors scenario are underground hunters a special troglodyte or are they saying only can put in 1 per round?sorry for all the questions. I just want to play the game correctly as best to my knowlege. I don't want to just pretend to know a rule before i plop it on the table to play it.

Underground hunters is the name of the demons usable in this specific scenario (see his correspondig card). You can summon as many trogs as you want but only 2 demons (in this case, underground hunters).

Regards,

CROC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Knowles
United States
Willowick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I correct to assume that if the next tile explored is a dead end,that it can only be placed if there other unexplored openings on other already placed tiles?

bikerboy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CROC
France
Guyancourt
Yvelines
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
bikerboy wrote:
Am I correct to assume that if the next tile explored is a dead end,that it can only be placed if there other unexplored openings on other already placed tiles?

bikerboy

Correct.

CROC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fred Tortonesi
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
so i have to wait for the demon to die before i summon another one? . on the board of destiney does the bonues for the monster come into play right away or do i have to wait till the players next initiative round passes and it comes up to my turn again. reason i say this is it says next combat round or something like that. so from what you were saying earlier about dead ends is that i can't purposely place a dead end on a new explored openening but if the other dead end peices close off other tunnels it is ok. and it is also ok if the dead end tile is the only choice since all other tiles that are discarded(if tiles can be discarded).
i saw your video on youtube and noticed you put a dead end,but it seems to me after watching the video a few times it sesms they are legal to place as long as he heros have areas left to branch out from. if that is the case. what do you do with a tile if you can't use it in case of totally closing off the herso all together?
Thanks for all your help so far. this game will see alot of play in the weekend and weeks to come. can't wait to see expansions for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.