Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ros Hermans
United States
Royersford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So as one of my new year's resolutions I decided I would stop being an uber lurker and actually contribute to this great site.

This is mostly an etiquette question. In the variant section of each game, should I only post play tested, functional ideas, or is it acceptable to go with more general high level ideas to spark some discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go ahead and post ideas! That's how other people get interested, and discuss them to create working variants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenks
Germany
Eckernfoerde
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
Lest we Forget
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
Go ahead and post ideas! That's how other people get interested, and discuss them to create working variants.

I'd second this. I wouldn't just post mountains of junk, but if you think any idea is worth posting, go for it. The users here will soon seperate the wheat from the chaff.

It'd probably be useful if you were to scan through the existing variants before doing so to avoid unnecessary repetition. If everyone did this the site would be a lot slicker...

(and welcome into the light)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Zombo
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd agree with the others. If you post an idea, others may run with it and test it out or build upon your idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I mostly agree. A tested variant is welcome; a variant idea is welcome. Personally, I'm a little tired of all the users throwing all and sundry Dominion card ideas against the wall to see what sticks. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.