Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The coupon will eventually expire if you don't use it, but the microbadge you purchase with a coupon will never expire/disappear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
chris_h wrote:
I got free microbadge coupons which I used and was wondering if they will eventually disappear...

the coupons expire after 180 days, the purchased badges are good forever
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Zombo
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. Congratulations on your free badge. As others mentioned, they badge you purchase with the coupon won't expire. I got my first one in the same way (my Detroit Red Wings badge) and it is still going strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you guys need a couple more badges to fill out your microbadge line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Roberts
United Kingdom
Colwyn Bay
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris,

Like everyone else has said, the microbadges you've purchased with your free coupons don't have to be repurchased after a period of time.

Just in case you didn't know, you can also buy more microbadges with GeekGold you acquire (8GG per microbadge).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Zombo
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Astinex wrote:
Looks like you guys need a couple more badges to fill out your microbadge line.

You're a true gentleman Astinex. Thanks very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
You won't be getting coupons very often. Usually coupons are given out as Christmas gifts, contest prizes, or if a Geekdo Admin feels you need a reward.

I have not seen any coupons for Avatars or Geekbadges, but occasionally users and possibly even an admin will sponsor Avatars through promotions or contests. This is usually done by giving the avatar recipient 30gg to pay for the avatar. I don't know if it's still valid but on the RPGGeek side user "Wavemotion" was giving out free avatars to people who agreed to use the RPGGeek logo for their avatar.

There are a bunch of other microbadges that can earned through contests and other special events. (Geekball, Charitable Auctions, Holiday gift exchanges, etc. etc.) You earn those by participating in the event in question.

Check out Microbadges for more information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
For the last several years (since microbadges were created?), BGG has given out a coupon for one as a holiday give. This year they gave out two, perhaps because the price was dropped from 15 GG to 8 GG. Something special is planned for BGG's 10th anniversary, but only Aldie knows what--if he's decided yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.