Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Combat Commander: Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: supressed unit in a firing group rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it still count as a +1 to total firepower?

In my example, I have a fire group: one elite squad (FP = 6) and a supressed weapon team carrying a light MG (all in the same hex). Is the base FP 7 or 8?

Can you cross-reference to the rules please?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
In my example, I have a fire group: one elite squad (FP = 6) and a supressed weapon team carrying a light MG (all in the same hex). Is the base FP 7 or 8?


How did you come up with those choices? It can't possibly be 8, since the suppressed team can't fire the weapon. It could be 7, if the suppressed weapon team has sufficient range to reach the target (which it often won't, but it could).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Zaghis
Italy
Sesto San Giovanni
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
TOO MANY GAMES FOR A SINGLE LIFE.. I'll have to consider undeath...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The squad would give +1, if firing within its reduced range. A suppressed squad can not, however, fire a support weapon (Page 10, 13.2).

Cheers
Rob

Edit:
really, really no way to beat some people answering first
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
fardoche wrote:
In my example, I have a fire group: one elite squad (FP = 6) and a supressed weapon team carrying a light MG (all in the same hex). Is the base FP 7 or 8?


How did you come up with those choices? It can't possibly be 8, since the suppressed team can't fire the weapon. It could be 7, if the suppressed weapon team has sufficient range to reach the target (which it often won't, but it could).


I take it as being 6, then?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
I take it as being 6, then?


Like I said, it's either 6 or 7 depending on whether the suppressed team has sufficient range to fire at the target. You didn't tell us how far apart the units are, or what other modifiers apply, so we can't tell you whether it has range, or not.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Zaghis
Italy
Sesto San Giovanni
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
TOO MANY GAMES FOR A SINGLE LIFE.. I'll have to consider undeath...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC some Weapon teams have a range of 2, suppressed to 1 they would add their FP if firing at an adjacent enemy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
fardoche wrote:
I take it as being 6, then?


Like I said, it's either 6 or 7 depending on whether the suppressed team has sufficient range to fire at the target. You didn't tell us how far apart the units are, or what other modifiers apply, so we can't tell you whether it has range, or not.


I understand and welcome your answer. I didnt mention the range specifically, because I wanted to know the base FP (ignoring range and/or modifiers), which happens to be 7 in this case.

Thanks again David
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The suppressed Team ALONE has an FP of one less. It still adds +1 in a Fire Group provided it can be in the FG.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Zaghis
Italy
Sesto San Giovanni
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
TOO MANY GAMES FOR A SINGLE LIFE.. I'll have to consider undeath...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:


I didnt mention the range specifically, because I wanted to know the base FP (ignoring range and/or modifiers), which happens to be 7 in this case.

Thanks again David


If firing at 1 range (assuming a 2R WT) YES

The Base FP is 6 for the elite + 1 for any other firing "piece" in the FireGroup.

Please note that to BE in the Firegroup one untit must be within LOS AND range of the target.
So range is to be taken into consideration BEFORE calculating the Starting FP of the attack.

sorry to be so verbose.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jensen
United States
SANTA ROSA
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
Can you cross-reference to the rules please?

O20.3.1
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure you are understanding the fire group rules.

Units CANNOT fire at anything outside of their range. Therefore, in your example, we would have to know whether the weapon team was in range. If it is in range (and remember, suppression reduces it's range, so you have to measure with the reduced range until it is unsuppressed), then it will add it's +1 bonus as part of the fire group (total of 7 Firepower). If it is NOT in range, then it will not add it's +1 bonus and the firepower will be 7.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bridger wrote:
I'm not sure you are understanding the fire group rules.


now I do, thanks to several explicit replies from the fantastic CC:E community
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.