Joe Bisio
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Islands & Empires of the Pacific 1941

I have put together an A & A Pacific 1940 Mega-Variant that uses the map and some of the pieces and toys from A & A Paific 1940 along with A & A parts taken from other AH games like the original A & A Pacific and other A & A Variants & games.

The variant game kicks off on Dec. 7th, 1941, the Day of Infamy, with the Japanese about to attack all over the expanse of the Greater Pacific region from Pearl Harbor to Singapore. The Allies (the ANZAC, Chinese, Britain, and the USA) have deployed large forces on the map, but they are hardly ready to face up to the oncoming offensives of the better prepared Imperial Japanese Navy and Army.

New unit types like Naval Air (NA) are introduced, as well as Parachute troops, the Japanese Special Naval Landing Forces (SNLF), the US Marines, and Japanese Puppet troops also are featured. The mighty Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) starts the game with 3 Battleships (BB), 5 Cruisers (CA), 6 Destroyers (DD), 4 Subs (SS) and 4 Aircraft Carriers (CV) with 8 Naval Air (NA) units aboard the CVs. The IJN Transport Fleet starts at 12 units.

Many optional rules are introduced and the play sequence is streamlined to move the game along. Gone are separate production, income and reinforcement phases for each power, instead both sides conduct these activities at the same time and all the Allied Powers now move together.

The variant provides different paths to an Allied or Japanese Victory pretty much in the historical context of the strategies available and limitations of that era. Players are even restricted as to the size of the fleets they can stack in the sea zones thereby showing the task force organization of the navies of the Great Pacific War of 1941-45. Air unit basing by land area is also limited by the local infastructure and economy of the regions.

If you want this variant please e-mail me at: JBisio@msn.com, but you should have other A & A games available to you, in particular the original A & A Pacific, so as to the meet the mass requirements for the new toys and unit types required in this Mega-Pacific War scenario.

Let me know how the variant plays out amongst the islands and "Empires of the Pacific"....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
Please stop spamming this list.

You've advertised your variant several times now. If people want to play it they will contact you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Bisio
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"You've advertised your variant several times now. If people want to play it they will contact you."

Hey look pal, yeah, I advertised it twice and it got REMOVED....

So I did it twice more under the header "variant"....hopefully it will stay up now so people will find it ...I already got two responses from this post via e-mail besides your sad & mis-informed commentary.

I could care less if the very idea of a variant for this "broken" and ahistorical game with a beautiful map gets under the skin of some person or persons on boardgamegeek. Thats their problem NOT mine...

It seems the supply of self-appointed policemen and ill-informed commentary on this site is legion...

I suggest that our friend "Damien Jones" look at the endless & totally pointless talk about the lack of certain components and money in the game that fills these folders before he starts throwing stones about 'spamming'. The game is what it is. At least I have something to offer people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian C.
Netherlands
Lepelstraat
flag msg tools
Scared of tax admin Evil Bob?
badge
Contact Me 262 Schwalbe's GG laundry service now!
mbmbmbmbmb
epgs1 wrote:
"You've advertised your variant several times now. If people want to play it they will contact you."

So I did it twice more under the header "variant"....hopefully it will stay up now so people will find it ...

It should stay up now, because it is posted in the right place.

epgs1 wrote:

I already got two responses from this post via e-mail besides your sad & mis-informed commentary.

Mis-informed maybe, but to call it sad? That's not exactly "using common courtesy in your post".

epgs1 wrote:
I could care less if the very idea of a variant for this "broken" and ahistorical game with a beautiful map gets under the skin of some person or persons on boardgamegeek. Thats their problem NOT mine...

The game is out for only a few weeks. In my opinion the only thing broken at this point is the ambition to try new strategies when the previous ones didn´t work out. We need more data. It might turn out broken, but it´s much too early to say it is now.

epgs1 wrote:
It seems the supply of self-appointed policemen and ill-informed commentary on this site is legion...

You are free to come. And free to go......

epgs1 wrote:
I suggest that our friend "Damien Jones" look at the endless & totally pointless talk about the lack of certain components and money in the game that fills these folders before he starts throwing stones about 'spamming'

As you said, he was mis-informed. No need to to start throwing stones back unless you enjoy doing just that.

epgs1 wrote:
The game is what it is. At least I have something to offer people.

And the game as it is doesn't? Tssss.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
epgs1 wrote:

So I did it twice more under the header "variant"....hopefully it will stay up now so people will find it ...I already got two responses from this post via e-mail besides your sad & mis-informed commentary.

I suggest that our friend "Damien Jones" look at the endless & totally pointless talk about the lack of certain components and money in the game that fills these folders before he starts throwing stones about 'spamming'. The game is what it is. At least I have something to offer people.

Hi egpls1

As of my post you had advertised your variant 4 times. The 2 latest adverts are on consecutive days.

I have been following this topic closely and have read all the posts. Which is why when I see multiple adverts for the same product in quick succession I think "spam". In retrospect I was harsh and apologise for offending you.

I don't have a problem with anyone coming up with different versions of a game (I have made a few myself) and I am glad that you have had responses to test drive your variant.

I don't know of previous "self-appointed policemen" though if you are getting similar responses from others perhaps a rethink of your approach methods may be worthwhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean King
United States
Stevenson
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Northern Gamer Archeology
mbmbmbmbmb
Damjon wrote:
epgs1 wrote:

Hi egpls1

As of my post you had advertised your variant 4 times. The 2 latest adverts are on consecutive days.

I have been following this topic closely and have read all the posts. Which is why when I see multiple adverts for the same product in quick succession I think "spam". In retrospect I was harsh and apologise for offending you.

I don't have a problem with anyone coming up with different versions of a game (I have made a few myself) and I am glad that you have had responses to test drive your variant.

I don't know of previous "self-appointed policemen" though if you are getting similar responses from others perhaps a rethink of your approach methods may be worthwhile.

I was thinking SPAM as well so do not think your wrong in that assumption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.