Jayson Smith
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Title says it all. Can't find the answer in rules, FAQs or forums.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoffel wrote:
Title says it all. Can't find the answer in rules, FAQs or forums.

You don't get a VP for playing it. You get a VP for it at the end of the gmae if it is still in your tableau.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
VP values on cards are not distributed in VP chips. They are simply two different things that count towards your final score.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Arcangeli
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow...I have been playing this totally wrong. I was always distributing a chip for Developments and counting the Worlds at the end.

Now I have gone back and read the rules...probably should have done that the first time around...

(So just to be clear the VP tokens are only there for production/consumption [or other card bonus] VPs?)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcangeli wrote:
(So just to be clear the VP tokens are only there for production/consumption [or other card bonus] VPs?)

The VP tokens are only acquired through phase IV (consume) powers.
7 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcangeli wrote:

Now I have gone back and read the rules...probably should have done that the first time around...


QFT. Can't count the number of times I learned more just by doing this.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt N

Pennsylvania
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcangeli wrote:
Wow...I have been playing this totally wrong. I was always distributing a chip for Developments and counting the Worlds at the end.


Just to be clear, the value of the development/world in VPs is the number in the hexagon in the card. SO a card could be worth more or less than one point.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Smith
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcangeli wrote:
Wow...I have been playing this totally wrong. I was always distributing a chip for Developments and counting the Worlds at the end.

Now I have gone back and read the rules...probably should have done that the first time around...

(So just to be clear the VP tokens are only there for production/consumption [or other card bonus] VPs?)

Holy smokes, me too. No wonder!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoffel wrote:
Arcangeli wrote:
Wow...I have been playing this totally wrong. I was always distributing a chip for Developments and counting the Worlds at the end.

Now I have gone back and read the rules...probably should have done that the first time around...

(So just to be clear the VP tokens are only there for production/consumption [or other card bonus] VPs?)

Holy smokes, me too. No wonder!!
Wouldn't that deplete the points in the available pool rather quickly? (And make Galactic Renaissance a bit overpowered?)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Arcangeli
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprisingly no, most games lasted a fair amount of time and the pool only really got drained if someone had a full on production/consumption cycle.

Ah well, onwards and upwards!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mumu shanshi
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcangeli wrote:
Surprisingly no, most games lasted a fair amount of time and the pool only really got drained if someone had a full on production/consumption cycle.

This leads me to wonder, how many VP chips are you using? 12 per player, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miika Miinin
Finland
Lappeenranta
flag msg tools
Check my Avatar OverText!
badge
Check my UberBadge OverText!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We used to make the same mistake in the beginning... We thought that people were so lost, when they said that consume/produce. is a powerful strategy, when the military-plan was the obvious plan for us
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Smith
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:

Wouldn't that deplete the points in the available pool rather quickly? (And make Galactic Renaissance a bit overpowered?)

Well it's hard to tell how quick is "too quick" if you've never played with anyone else. The draw/hype of the game was that the matches were fast, and the rules say they last 7-10 rounds which is about how long we went (more like 6 or 7). Games would end after 1, 2 consumes max. I had no idea how people were making it to 12 cards on the table; I figured that's just experienced players who are able to draw things out for more points or something?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Arcangeli
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoffel wrote:
spearjr wrote:

Wouldn't that deplete the points in the available pool rather quickly? (And make Galactic Renaissance a bit overpowered?)

Well it's hard to tell how quick is "too quick" if you've never played with anyone else. The draw/hype of the game was that the matches were fast, and the rules say they last 7-10 rounds which is about how long we went (more like 6 or 7). Games would end after 1, 2 consumes max. I had no idea how people were making it to 12 cards on the table; I figured that's just experienced players who are able to draw things out for more points or something?


Exactly

mumushanshi wrote:
Arcangeli wrote:
Surprisingly no, most games lasted a fair amount of time and the pool only really got drained if someone had a full on production/consumption cycle.

This leads me to wonder, how many VP chips are you using? 12 per player, right?


Yeah we are using 12 chips

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.