M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
How to kill the troll? My friend and I disagreed on this but after some perusal of certain topics on here I deduced that it was as I said, though my friend still disagreed.

Here's how I think it works:

Critical hits do not hit - ever. This also means that you need not throw hits and then roll those dice again to get the banner color.

No, what you need to do is throw Blue shields. If the number of blue shields you throw is equal (or over) the number of lore the troll has, then you have killed it!

My friend's troll ambled over to me, and I attacked it with 2 red cavalry.

My first throw included a blue shield, bringing down the troll to 1 lore.

Then the troll battled back (bold), and only killed one of my horses. He threw no lore, so no lore was added.

The I attacked with the second red cavalry, and I threw another blue shield. Dead!

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Partially correct. He had two lore, you threw two blue shields. So you remove both Lore.

According to the card, once he is at zero life points, it take a final blue shield to kill him.

So you needed one more hit.

Quote:
Critical Hits
None, and Troll is immune to [ SoS ]. Instead, the Troll uses Lore token “Life points”. Starting with 2 Lore tokens at his side, the Troll loses 1 each time a [ Blue Shield ] is rolled against him. Once he has no tokens left, another [ Blue Shield ] kills him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers. That makes the troll a lot tougher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you need to roll one mif you acheived 3 hits with one attack would that kill the Troll, or would you need one more hit from a different attack to kill the Troll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drewcooter wrote:
Do you need to roll one mif you acheived 3 hits with one attack would that kill the Troll, or would you need one more hit from a different attack to kill the Troll?

It can all be from the same attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.