Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't seem to figure out a way to do this, has to be something simple I'm missing...

When I try to add an rpg to my "Hot 10" (say "The Fantasy Trip"), in contrast to an rpgitem (say "In The Labyrinth: Game Master's Module") the rpg won't come up in the list of selectable items. All the rpgitems relating to the rpg do come up though... I'm thinking that the query populating the list doesn't check some table with the rpg names in it? Am I just missing something really simple?

Thanks much in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, you only can add RPG items to the Hot 10 list, not RPGs. I'm not familiar with The Fantasy Trip: isn't there a book, a box set, or another item with that name?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply!

The Fantasy Trip is made up of three different parts:

Melee - a tactical boardgame about combat.
Wizard - another tactical boardgame, this time with spells.
In The Labyrinth: Game Masters Module - the rpgitem that pulls the two together while adding "character development" and a lot of other rpg ideas.

Together, the three form the system called "The Fantasy Trip". As a workaround, I'll probably just use the "In the Labyrinth" item...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has previously been reported on the RPGG side as well and is on our punch list of things to fix. I suspect that as Video Game Geek comes online in the coming months - this will be one of those site-wide fixes that we get across all three domains.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
...as Video Game Geek comes online in the coming months...

Video Games are so mainstream. thumbsdown I though this was a GEEK site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Astinex wrote:
Video Games are so mainstream. thumbsdown I though this was a GEEK site.

Monopoly is pretty mainstream and is a boardgame... need to remember that not ALL video games are mainstream I'm looking forward to finding some of the gems I may have missed over the last few decades.

personally, I'm really hoping that some day we'll have a comics.geekdo.com.

collection managers are awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
Greece
Marousi
Athens
flag msg tools
Game on!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jBullfrog wrote:
not ALL video games are mainstream

The Graveyard is a little piece of art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.