Hide
7 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: King' s College Conflict Simulations Course rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
I am sure this has been posted before somewhere on the geek, but it bears repeating.

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/schools/sspp/ws/people/academic/profess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why oh why did I waste my time going to law school?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To get a decently paying job?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Garton
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn, the prof is on Sabbatical for academic year 2009/10, no one will be able to take the course.

Oh well, maybe we need a prof to offer home study courses, if so I might go for my MA or even PHD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See that drop-down box next to the word SEARCH above? If you change it from Games to Forums you can find old threads mentioning that course. There was at least one thread about a year ago, plus some earlier mentions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The course homepage would be more fun if more games could be downloaded AND if they started the course with a mandatory hour or two on some very basic graphic prototype design. Perhaps 30 minutes to tell the students what color combinations to REALLY avoid and then one hour showing them how to install and use Inkscape or something.

Not to insult anyone making those games. I think overall, from the few I have had a closer look at, they contain some pretty wild and interesting ideas. Very good work not just copying old games (probably partly because they don't know the old games very well, but still).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
pelni wrote:
See that drop-down box next to the word SEARCH above? If you change it from Games to Forums you can find old threads mentioning that course. There was at least one thread about a year ago, plus some earlier mentions.

Ya know, I tried that....

But, maybe I should have bumped an old thread.

What got me to do this was a reply to another post in the forum about the need for easy downloadable Age of Sail wargame rules - one of the games on that sight I think is well done is the one on Cape St. Vincent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.