Subject: map set up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Spangler
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, when creating the map, each player places only three tiles, two for his quests and one for his home region. Depending on the overall size of the map tiles, this could lead to some small maps. Is this how others understand this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but each map tile is at least two hexes, and (looks like) usually more. I think most of the tiles are 4 hex tiles. So I'm not expecting small maps most of the time.

It's possible that you could get a small board. If so, then re-do the quest card draw for the available tiles! (And note, also, that a small board will lead to more intense competition and less elbow room. I think I'm more likely to re-draw for a larger map than a smaller one.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how it looks. *And* the terrain groupings also get their own unique terrain quests inserted into the quest deck. Very cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each tile has between 2 and 4 hexes. Page 5 under component description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Each hex has between 2 and 4 tiles. Page 5 under component description.

Actually, each tile is between 2 and 4 hexes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
azuredarkness wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Each hex has between 2 and 4 tiles. Page 5 under component description.

Actually, each tile is between 2 and 4 hexes...

Yes. slightly dyslexic there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Gallagher
United States
Fort Lee
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DSpangler wrote:
So, when creating the map, each player places only three tiles, two for his quests and one for his home region. Depending on the overall size of the map tiles, this could lead to some small maps. Is this how others understand this?

...and there is also the fact that a particular game's set-up may have a gap hex when two hex sections join. This non-space is not a valid part of the board and creates a natural obstacle to the players. Cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.