Popular Tags: [View All]
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I clicked the "Link Facebook to your BGG account" it went through but I can't find anything BGG-related on my Facebook or anything Facebook-related on my BGG. What exactly does it do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thomas
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Persson
Sweden
Linköping
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems I've done that as well, long enough ago for me not to remember doing it, and I haven't seen any results either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It links your two accounts. If you click the heart to become a fan of a particular game, it can automatically publish to your FB page.

EDIT: Sheesh. I didn't even look to see who was asking the question. Small world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, becoming a fan of certain games is the only functionality I've seen, my fellow Michiganders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr_Nuts wrote:
Yep, becoming a fan of certain games is the only functionality I've seen, my fellow Michiganders.

Burtchville???? You're making that up....

If you ever want to make the drive down to "real" Michigan for some gaming, shoot me a GM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neither of the bgg apps seem to do anything. i had started recording plays on this site to publish on facebook but i think that is a mythical feature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
msbtch2u wrote:
Mr_Nuts wrote:

If you ever want to make the drive down to "real" Michigan for some gaming, shoot me a GM.

I drive down to Rochester once a month for ROBA's monthly game group (last Saturday of each month.) It's about an hour away from me, which is at the outer limit of how far I'm willing to drive. Burtchville = Port Huron, so I'm right in the thumb about 5 minutes from Canada. The hobby's not so big around here. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr_Nuts wrote:
msbtch2u wrote:
Mr_Nuts wrote:

I drive down to Rochester once a month for ROBA's monthly game group (last Saturday of each month.) It's about an hour away from me, which is at the outer limit of how far I'm willing to drive. Burtchville = Port Huron, so I'm right in the thumb about 5 minutes from Canada. The hobby's not so big around here. cry

I've been meaning to make it to ROBA one of these days. Maybe January. But it seems the hobby's not too big around here, either! Besides ROBA, I haven't found anyone since I moved back to MI this past summer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
msbtch2u wrote:
Mr_Nuts wrote:
msbtch2u wrote:
Mr_Nuts wrote:

Burtchville???? You're making that up.... :p

I drive down to Rochester once a month for ROBA's monthly game group (last Saturday of each month.) It's about an hour away from me, which is at the outer limit of how far I'm willing to drive. Burtchville = Port Huron, so I'm right in the thumb about 5 minutes from Canada. The hobby's not so big around here. :cry:

I've been meaning to make it to ROBA one of these days. Maybe January. But it seems the hobby's not too big around here, either! Besides ROBA, I haven't found anyone since I moved back to MI this past summer.

I've only been to a couple of ROBA sessions, but I'm definitely going on Jan 30th. There seems to be about 10-20 people at the sessions I've attended, and Gary the organizer says 20-30 is often typical. It's just a big, open room where everyone brings their games for all to play. I had a good time when I went by myself and when I brought a friend. You should go!

Gary Weinfurther
United States
West Bloomfield
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
is the group organizer if you need more info.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did find an application that said BGG but clicking it just seemed to show a much-worse version of the BGG front page.

And Becca's exaggerating-we game with her, like every other day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I added BGG a while back it didn't have the box added by default.
I went to settings -> Application, clicked Edit Settings for the BGG app, then on the Profile tab made sure the "box" was added.

Once that was done, if I'm on my Facebook Boxes tab I can see thumbnail images of my recently played games and my hot games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
And here's what it looks like if you're curious:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
When I added BGG a while back it didn't have the box added by default.
I went to settings -> Application, clicked Edit Settings for the BGG app, then on the Profile tab made sure the "box" was added.

Once that was done, if I'm on my Facebook Boxes tab I can see thumbnail images of my recently played games and my hot games.

Can't get it to do that for me. I don't see any "add box" option in the Profile tab.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RichCsigs wrote:

Can't get it to do that for me. I don't see any "add box" option in the Profile tab.

ditto. i read an old post on facebook saying it didnt work with new facebook. maybe johnnydollar added his when it worked? i've seen so many complaints about it not working, i bet there'd be new geeks to come to the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.