Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight was the first game night since I got my starter, so my friend and I played tonight.

A couple of questions came up that we played as best we could interpret, but want to get official rulings on.

First, can a card with ranged attack a target in an adjacent space? We played that it could, since the rulebook says "up to 3 spaces away".

Secondly, Ragnor has the Fury power, which has the same templated description as the other Tundra Orcs with the ability. However, Ragnor rolls 2 dice when attacking. Does Fury trigger if (a) At least one die is a 5-6, or (b) if all dice show 5-6? We played that it required at least one die, since that would make the ability close to useless on a multiple-die attacker.

Thanks for the great game, Colby!

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
Up to three spaces includes 1, 2, or 3 spaces away.

Also, fury requires you to roll a die. That's singular. It's seperate from the attack and you don't roll 2 for fury. Roll 5 or 6 and you can then move 1 or two spaces and roll 2 dice to attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, okay... I completely misread Fury... I thought the 5+ check was on the attack you made...

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neverfade's answers are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dickie
United Kingdom
South Leverton
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neverfade wrote:

Also, fury requires you to roll a die. That's singular. It's seperate from the attack and you don't roll 2 for fury. Roll 5 or 6 and you can then move 1 or two spaces and roll 2 dice to attack.

Can I just check something. Does Fury allow you to move 0, 1 or 2 spaces (after rolling a 5+)? (We have been using it to allow a second attack on the unit initially attacked, for example). Also, does one have to attack? That is, can you only make the move if it is possible for you to attack afterwards?

Thanks in anticipation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and yes. You can stay there and just attack again, and you can move without attacking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I also want to point out that you can attempt a Fury roll even if you miss on the attack. In fact, I've succeeded on two Fury rolls but missed on all 3 attacks before.
Talk about a roller-coaster of emotion while rolling.
Drat -- cool -- Damn -- AWESOME! -- DAMN!!!
laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dickie
United Kingdom
South Leverton
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
screamingtruth wrote:
Yes and yes. You can stay there and just attack again, and you can move without attacking.

And sorry to keep at this, but... Could you move, not attack , roll a 5, move again, etcetera? Or do you need to attack to be allowed the Fury roll?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to attack to be allowed to roll for fury. I will sometimes attack my own wall with a Fighter for the shot at fury.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dickie
United Kingdom
South Leverton
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll be pleased to know that, in our first game playing with the correct rule, my son rolled his dice so well that he was able to use repeated "Fury"s to march up the board, reach my Dwarf Summoner (Oldin) and inflict 5 hits on him. (Indeed, he did have a roll to kill him, but his streak came to an end).

All of this was on the very first turn of the game.

Needless to say, he got sent to bed early that night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry, he ran out all of his fury luck for the next few games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
All the world's a stage, and I feel like the janitor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lock that D6 he was using up tight and only bring it out when you need its power once again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
screamingtruth wrote:
You have to attack to be allowed to roll for fury. I will sometimes attack my own wall with a Fighter for the shot at fury.

Can "one and the same" character with fury, keep on using this ability several times during the same move???? Presuming he's lucky in his die rolls of course!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cookingham
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yvesvanherp wrote:
screamingtruth wrote:

Can "one and the same" character with fury, keep on using this ability several times during the same move???? Presuming he's lucky in his die rolls of course!

Yes, as long as the card in question has something to attack, he can keep making the fury roll.

It makes lucky people very scary. Thankfully, my opponents have nothing to fear from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason, thanks very much for the quick reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.