Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nelson Keeler
United States
Belton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I AM UNABLE TO FIND THE CORRECT CARD SLEEVE SIZE FOR THIS GAME. I WOULD ALSO APPRECIATE SUGGESTIONS TO THE BEST QUALITY CARDS THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rose
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want high quality sleeves that hold the cards snugly, get the ones the FFG puts out. They are perfectly sized. I originally had my cards in euro sleeves, but they were just a bit to wide, so the cards slid around.

I now have the cards from the base and expansion game in FFG sleeves. They are a perfect fit. These are the ones you want. You'll need three packs to sleeve all the cards from the base game (or 5 packs if you want to add in the expansion cards).

Also, here's a chart that shows which type and how many you'll need for all the FFG games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also - Mayday games do the Chimera sized sleeves that are a perfect fit, cheaper, 100 per pack (rather than 50) but a little thinner. YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelein de Cratia
Spain
Guayota City
Nivaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don´t SCREAM please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old Scratch
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I have to agree with the Mayday sleeves. Fit snug and cheap. And they fit back in the box as long as you don't buy the premium euro sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wojtaszcyk
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can they still shuffle ok though? do two or three or more stick together after a bit or are they all mostly un-stuck and easy to shuffle with the mayday or FFG sleeves? I have some BCW deck guards which have a bubbly like service on one side that makes them not stick together and easy to shuffle, so I'm curious how the mayday and ffg sleeves hold up to shuffling from those which have them before I decide if I should try them out.

thanks
kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jond wrote:
Also - Mayday games do the Chimera sized sleeves that are a perfect fit, cheaper, 100 per pack (rather than 50) but a little thinner. YMMV.

Do they have clear or opaque backs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rose
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kwojtasz wrote:
so I'm curious how the mayday and ffg sleeves hold up to shuffling from those which have them before I decide if I should try them out.

thanks
kevin

The mayday sleeves I was originally using stuck together. Before each game, we would cycle through each deck and then they would shuffle just fine.

The FFG sleeves do not stick at all.

Another difference is that the FFG ones are a bit thicker than Mayday. This is great in terms of protection. However, this means the cards will not allow the gameboard to fit flush in the insert without making two stacks of cards. I really like the FFG sleeves and am using them with other FFG games I own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wojtaszcyk
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the info as I've had other types too that stuck so was worried about which direction to go. i think I'll pick up some FFG ones to check them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.