Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Griffey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Corps were a unit of maneuver, why not use corps markers as substitutes counters? Prussia and Anglo-Allies would each have 4 corps, and French 8 corps. Corps substitute counters would be lettered A, B, C, D, etc., with the Imperial Guard being divided into two corps due to its large size.

Pairs of 3 x 5" note cards could be stood on edge as "Xs" to shield the identities of the corps. Blocks could not "hide" outside of their proper hiding X. E.g., French VI Corps is "Corps D" but the Allies don't know the identity of Corps D.

Minor Road attack limit would be one corps. Major Road attack limit would be two corps.

Corps forced marching would roll one die, and the die roll, halved, rounding down, would be the number of blocks which straggle, i.e., don't make the forced march:

1: zero straggle blocks
2,3: 1 straggle block.
3,5: 2 straggle blocks.
6: 3 straggle blocks.

On average 1.5 blocks straggle. If a HQ accompanies the forced march, then subtract 1 from the die roll and one block on average straggles,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made some movement markers that allow you to do this reducing clutter. I put sets of blocks (not necessarily limited to the same corps) in holding boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.