Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Smith
United States
Shelton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are headed down to Florida for vacation next week and instead of packing a bunch of games I told her that we could swing by a game store and pick a new one up to play while on vacation. I looked on google, the only store I found was "Emerald City" I think, but it sounded like they mostly just had Peter Jackson and Settlers fare.

I was wondering if there was anything else. Also, while we are staying in Clearwater, we are actually flying in to Tampa, so if there is a great store we could stop at in Tampa on our way to Clearwater, I am fine with that.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations,

Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Van Wallendael
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emerald City has a minor selection of games as they are mostly into Sci-Fi and comics. Armada Games in Tampa has a better selection however, is not on your way to Clearwater. Now, should you find yourself in Orlando you need to go to Cool Stuff Games which has about every game in print at Internet Prices! Worth the trip!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emerald City is a great, great hobby store. Comics, minis, figs, D&D, etc.

They, however, don't usually have a great selection of board games. Good, but not an abundance.
Coolstuff, as mentioned, is unbelievable. Just unreal in it's bounty...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Honorable Mayor McCheese
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My parents live in Clearwater and I visited them for Christmas. I stopped in both Emerald Cities and Armada Games. The smaller Emerald Cities had the best selection from what I saw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I C
United States
Port Richey
Florida
flag msg tools
GeoVan wrote:
Now, should you find yourself in Orlando you need to go to Cool Stuff Games which has about every game in print at Internet Prices! Worth the trip!!!

Really? I just looked at their website and it seems to be nothing but a collectible card game store. Its the only thing they mention.

As far as Orlando goes Sci Fi City is where its at. I make a 2 1/2 hour trip a few times a year to check them out. Ill probably check out Cool Stuff as well, since they are only a few miles apart, but Im not holding much hope for them.

Many years back the best games store in Tampa was Merlins Books, but they are long gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Corlis
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous.
badge
I'm nine hundred and three years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
mbmbmbmbmb
In Tampa:

Anthem Gameshttp://www.anthem-games.com/
Armada Gameshttp://www.armadagames.com/

Anthem has a small but nice selection. Armada has a slightly larger selection. Anthem is a really awesome store with a great staff and regular game nights for board games - don't be put off by the Magic and CCG crowd.

In Clearwater/Largo:

Emerald City is the only one around really. The one in Largo on Seminole Blvd has a decent selection of the most popular board games, you just have to go to the back past all the comics and such. I'm not sure how the one in Clearwater is as far as board games goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Richter
United States
Springfield
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not REALLY close to Tampa, but if you go over to Orlando,
SCI-FI CITY is HUGE and
Rhubarb Games in Winter Park is a nice store too.

Just FYI if you were heading over Orlando way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.