Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Newland
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Ninja Vanish!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick questions. I understand the guardian moves one space when it is defeated. I guess I understand why. It's moving closer to the entrance. What is the point? What happens when it gets to the entrance? Another thing, can someone explain "begging for mercy" Need some information on these things please. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Alexandria Bay
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The point is that whichever team has their marker closer to the entrance wins a point for that labyrinth. As I recall, if you get your marker to the entrance first, you win the point definitively (i.e. your opponent can't ever beat you there).
Begging for mercry: If you get your character to the red eye and beg for mercy, the current guardian card is discarded. You do this if you can't beat the guardian. The downside is that your character is banished (or dismissed, I can't recall).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Newland
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Ninja Vanish!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, this leads to more questions. First off, how would you know you could not beat him? Second, begging only happens on the red eye, so this is the first and only time you can do this because it will move the next time, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eroc1024 wrote:
Ok, this leads to more questions. First off, how would you know you could not beat him?

Usually because someone previously attempted that challenge and failed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Alexandria Bay
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eroc1024 wrote:
Ok, this leads to more questions. First off, how would you know you could not beat him? Second, begging only happens on the red eye, so this is the first and only time you can do this because it will move the next time, right?

You know you can't beat hom because he's face up and you don't like what you see.
As for your other question, I don't understand what you mean--you're always allowed to go past the guardian to the red eye or beg for mercy even when the guardian is at the red eye. And the guardian only moves when someone defeats it and the result says it moves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.