Subject: Questions on rules - Functioning of specific tiles. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars M
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) When having bought a station on the Calcutta/Bombay tiles, can I buy ynother one at another exit
1.a) Can I start building from that tile, since I own a station in there?

2) Large stations, small stations: Can I start/finish at either, as long as I trace the rest correctly?
2.a) Is this possible for either 1M trains OR all XM trains OR all trains?

3) Tiles 87, 88, 89, 116: Can I use these like a citie, too? Meaning, numbering the four exits 1 through 4. Can train 1 use entry 1 and exit 2 and the second train entry 3 and exit 4 (like 106, 107, 108, 112)?

4) Just wondering: How probable is rule 4.8.19 (Small company using its extra tile for buying a XM Train of a future phase)? In our plays, 1M trains are not really the favourites, therefore, XM trains rarely ever getting rare.... ?! Do we miss something? blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Larryfilou wrote:
1) When having bought a station on the Calcutta/Bombay tiles, can I buy ynother one at another exit

No. See rule 4.4.5

Larryfilou wrote:
1.a) Can I start building from that tile, since I own a station in there?

No. See rule 4.1.6. It's not the tile you start buildingfrom, it's the railhead.

Larryfilou wrote:
2) Large stations, small stations: Can I start/finish at either, as long as I trace the rest correctly?

You can start at either.

Larryfilou wrote:
2.a) Is this possible for either 1M trains OR all XM trains OR all trains?

That's true for ALL trains. But you normally avoid it to have a higher Mail Train run.

Larryfilou wrote:
3) Tiles 87, 88, 89, 116: Can I use these like a citie, too? Meaning, numbering the four exits 1 through 4. Can train 1 use entry 1 and exit 2 and the second train entry 3 and exit 4 (like 106, 107, 108, 112)?

Yes. Same is true for 117.

Larryfilou wrote:
4) Just wondering: How probable is rule 4.8.19 (Small company using its extra tile for buying a XM Train of a future phase)? In our plays, 1M trains are not really the favourites, therefore, XM trains rarely ever getting rare.... ?! Do we miss something? blush

It happens quite often that large companies also build Meter track. Last game we played, my NWR bought the last available 2M to allow my SIR to get a 3M train it needed so badly with the help of the token, as the 3M was not available yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.