Subject: Drummer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arjan Ang
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Today we played the Farmers of the Moor expansion for the first time. There was one small investment card which seemed a bit unclear. We've played the Dutch Version, so I am not sure how the card is called in English or the original German Version. In Dutch it's called "Tamboer",
and I suppose it's Drummer in the English version.

It says you've the ability to play special actions when available after you've played all your actions with family members.But when is it called available?

a) Only when it hasn't been chosen at all?
b) When it hasn't been used twice in a round? (thus someone has paid 2VW to play it a second time)

Option A seems rather weak. In our game there almost wasn't a situation when a special action card hadn't been used. Therefore the Drummer would be rather useless. Option B on the other hand seems rather strong. Only in the end some players were able to pay the 2 VW to play a special action card making it unavailable. Therefore the Drummer would be very strong in the beginning and the mid-game, when almost no special action will be used twice in one round.

I think option A is the right way to play this card, but I am not sure.
Does someone know the right interpretation? Too bad there wasn't an appendix like in the original game, because sometimes there can be some difficulty in what ruling is appropriate.

Either way, I believe I don't like this card a lot. It seems either too strong or too weak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card is called 'Taps'(M062) and requires 2 improvements.

"You can take an available Special Action card after you have already placed all your Person Markers, when it would be your turn again.(Then the Work Phase is over for you.)"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely b)

Normally you can't play special actions after you have used all your family members. This allows you to do that. If a special action has been used twice, it cannot be used again, thus if it hasn't been played twice already it is 'available'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Dickson
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is powerful when you have fewer family members than others; you can take the resources, and then still play around with the special actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
If they are still available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJJ Zwiers
Netherlands
Enschede
Nederland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do note however, that even with this card, you'd need to pay the 2 food to use a special action card that has already been used once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjan Ang
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thank you for your answers. It's clear now.;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
And also note that you only get to do it once per Round. By the wording on the card, if there's more than one special action available, you get to do one of them, and then your Work Phase is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.