Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
drew reilly
United States
Middeltown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looking around it is my take that a marine can turn 90 degrees and fire the storm bolter for 1 AP. I can't find anything about making that move/turn and fire the flamer in the same action.
I have the first ed. copy that I'm playing with, but I've not seen any discussion about that particular move/fire in any edition.
If the Heavy flamer had any properties like a move or fire weapon, the answer would be a no brainer......
20 years after the game came out and I finally have a question to post to the space hulk community.
If I missed a FAQ, I apologise for waisting bandwidth...
Thoughts?
-Drew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never seen anything in the rules about turning 90 degrees and firing simultaneously for 1AP. You may move forward and fire simultaneously for 1AP. As far as I know, the flamers must always spend 2AP just to fire the flames. There is no move/turn and fire for 2AP.

I am using the first edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Goldstein
United States
Culver City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marines may move and then fire either their assault cannons or their storm bolters for no additional action points.

Not the heavy flamer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1st Edition you can only combine Move+Fire, not Turn+Fire (3rd Ed they added the Turn+Fire). In ALL editions, you could never move+fire a heavy flamer. It's just too darn big, you have to stop moving and fire separately for 2APs.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook. On page, um, 7? (at least it's page seven in the scanned PDF) there's the Action Points Table. In there it specifically states "Move Forwards & Fire" for 1AP. There is no "Turn 90 degrees & Fire", so it's not allowed.

I suppose it would make a decent house-rule, but it's not an official rule as far as I know. Unless maybe it was added in that FAQ that came out in White Dwarf...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HarryFlashmanKBE wrote:
shnar wrote:
1st Edition you can only combine Move+Fire, not Turn+Fire (3rd Ed they added the Turn+Fire).

Um, are you sure about this? Everyone here seems to be playing 1st Ed. and allowing turn and fire. We've always allowed turn and fire. Where's you reference?

I'm not sure who "everyone" is, but the first edition rulebook mentions nothing of turn & fire. I am by no means a Space Hulk expert, but I have read the rules several times and played a few sessions.

As mentioned previously, apparently the third edition rules permit this, which is likely where the confusion sets in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is really amazing. I have always played that you can turn and fire an assault cannon or a storm bolter. I guess this is the one 3rd edition rule I will add to the 1st edition rules.

....I guess I just became a heretic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, I have started playing without the turn and fire combo. It is kinda funny to play more than 100 games with such a fundamental thing played incorrectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules of the 1st edition seem to indicate that you can not turn and fire as one action for 1 AP with a storm bolter.

But later this was officially allowed. See Questions & Answers II in White Dwarf 144:

"Does the 'move and fire' rule also apply to turning ninety degrees and firing.?
The answer is yes. Turning ninety degrees and firing can be done as one action and costs 1 AP."

Still you may not do the same with a heavy flamer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had this rule come up again in a game. I had white dwarf 144 on hand but couldn't find the turn and fire rules. I had to search out this thread to find the heading that it was under.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.