United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can download it here...
http://cyberboard.brainiac.com/download.html

My personal favorite feature is the autostack stagger change. The OCD gamer is happy. So neat and tidy!

Version 3.10 Release Notes
--------------------------

New features and bug fixes for CBPlay.exe:

* Assign Ctrl-P hot key to start a Plotted Move, ESC cancels, and
Enter accepts.
* Added ability to use markers in a Plotted Move.
* Upgrade multiplayer feature to support up to 26 players. The prior
maximum was 8 players.
* Added ability to directly transfer ownership to another player.
Previously you had to release ownership and then assign ownership.
A possible use for this is to make it easy to pass a card to someone.
* Prompt and create multiple markers if dragged from marker tray while
holding the Ctrl key. For example: If the marker tray is set to deliver random markers and the markers are graphical images of dice faces you essentially have created a graphical die roller.
* Change piece X & Y stagger maximums from 16 to 256. This is used by the Autostack feature.
* The die roller has extended maximum die face value to 32767. The prior
maximum was 100.
* Added "Select All" and "Clear All" buttons to tray import dialog in
scenario editor.
* Added "Select All" and "Clear All" buttons to board selection dialog
in scenario editor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
This upgrade comes right in the middle of our second HIS PBEM tournament (sponsored by the BPA). If you are playing in that, please be sure to proceed cautiously with the upgrade. In most cases we're going to finish up the current game with the existing version and then upgrade for the next round.

Cyberboard does let you support both versions on your machine at once, but that's a bit trickier to get working properly. So the safest thing for folks in the middle of a game may be to hold off on the upgrade for a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But according to the list of the new features it does not seem to have any affect on the file compatibility, or?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Once you save a game file (or create a move) with the new version, everyone in that game must upgrade to the new version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Olivieri
Italy
Negrar, Verona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we'll see the linux version of cyberboard?
In an email the programmer say that is working on this... but no news come about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who cares?

It's Linux... devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Foulke
United States
Bethel Park
PA
flag msg tools
Welcome to Friedey's!
badge
You want fries with that?
mbmbmbmbmb
Works fine in wine as long as you don't mind waving your mouse pointer over menu items to reveal them.
Other than that, I've had no problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I moan that several people didn't listen to Ed's advice and now we are forced to sort things out in our game...aaaaarrrrgggg soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bentley
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for any problems with announcement of the new CB version, but don't shoot the messenger. It was bound to happen eventually...
The new version works just like the older with a few new hot key combos added and the auto stack feature change. Once the confusion of not being able to download new files with old version passes. It really is simple to switch over.

I'd certainly defer to Ed's request that anyone involved in the PBEM tourney not go down this road yet. It is possible to use both versions as I have for weeks without "cross-pollination." I keep every game open in a separate window opened with the proper version for each. I've got both versions of CBPlay on my desktop heading columns with the .gam files for every game under the version that should be used. When a game migrates from one version to the other, I just move the .gam file under the correct column to keep track.

I love the auto stack feature. Now that the X stagger offset can be changed to 17 or 18, HIS counters are clearly readable when tightly stacked. So much neater and easily readable game boards. Banish the look up box and reclaim more board space!
To use this feature:
Edit/Board Properties.../Autostack/X Piece Offset 17 or 18 Pixels, Y Piece Offset 0. Use select box to grab a stack of units, Hit Ctrl-A and voila!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.