Popular Tags: [View All]
Davide Grandini
Italy
Rubiera
Reggio Emilia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I didn't check the rules well, but can someone tell me if a Level 2 General, who enters a Fortress Area besieged by a friendly Level 1 General, can subordinate to the besieging General? If yes, is the Siege still on or should be lifted?
Thank you
Davide

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
barliman71 wrote:
Maybe I didn't check the rules well, but can someone tell me if a Level 2 General, who enters a Fortress Area besieged by a friendly Level 1 General, can subordinate to the besieging General? If yes, is the Siege still on or should be lifted?
Thank you
Davide

It continues since subordinating is not a forbidden action; see this play note

"Play Note: Subordinates and Siege Markers: A Siege Marker is always placed on the Army on the map. Subordinates are free to come and go without disturbing the marker. However, if another Army wants to Subordinate the Sieging Army, the marker will be removed (and will cost a Movement Point—if the MP cannot be paid, the movement cannot be completed). This is because the siege lines are set up by the original Army, and the coordination of Armies was insufficient to permit simply switching who mans the lines. 17th Century English armies were triumphs of extemporization, not of experience."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Grandini
Italy
Rubiera
Reggio Emilia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.