Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just submitted a new Warhammer 40K microbadge which was rejected. The sole reason for rejecting was as follows:
Quote:
No GW badges, sorry.

This seems like vindictive behavior to me, given that there are already several GW microbadges available for purchase. If you're going to be consistent, then either all GW microbadges should be removed, or submissions of new badges should be permitted. Anyone care to commment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunno, maybe they didn't think to delete the old ones, but I'm sure they'll be gone soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
If they delete the old ones will they repay the gg or issue microbadge credits? Maybe why the delay as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ramkitty wrote:
If they delete the old ones will they repay the gg or issue microbadge credits? Maybe why the delay as well

Hope they don't retroactively bill the MB designers for their cut of badge sales back. At 0.25 GG a pop, that could make a big ol' deficit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mb
Currently they are not being allowed due to the GW dust-up. I am looking into the matter again.

Stay tuned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
mbmbmbmbmb
All my GW badges have been deleted or rejected, unless they were text only without the letters G and W anywhere. No images, no satire, nothing. Let the dust settle for a year, then try again.

The GW Cease and Desist order took away my main SH contributions, shown below for nostalgia, i.e. you can't get them:
SH Marine
SH Alien
SH Marine
My fan material got stamped out by GW
My fan material got kicked out by GW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
salish99 wrote:
The GW Cease and Desist order took away my main SH contributions, shown below for nostalgia, i.e. you can't get them:
SH Marine
SH Alien
SH Marine

That's bollocks, because neither of these uses original GW artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Feldmann SoFrankly
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so is GW now known as "He Who Shall Not Be Named"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
feldmafx wrote:
Okay, so is GW now known as "He Who Shall Not Be Named"?

Ah, so there's a reason you "play with yellow"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose that this list of degenerates are next in line to be sued.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orph wrote:
Dunno, maybe they didn't think to delete the old ones, but I'm sure they'll be gone soon.

Well, let's not jump to conclusions... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon Mueller wrote:
That's bollocks, because neither of these uses original GW artwork.

This is a company that has a 5 page long legal notice on their website banning anything associated with them from being used for things like avatars and even tattoos. Do you think a company like that is going to let something like logic stop them from sending a legal notice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just heard low rumbling thunder and flashes of lighting from the mountain top... Me thinks a decision is forthcoming.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
This is a company that has a 5 page long legal notice on their website banning anything associated with them from being used for things like avatars and even tattoos.

You can use GW artwork as you avatar if you give credit in your sig.

You can get GW artwork as a tattoo if you scribble your own skin, or get it done by a tattoo artist for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
mb
And from the clouds comes a voice....let your GW badges in. However, refrain from using direct artwork. It is hard to replicate direct artwork in 16x16, but still think.

Also, quality does matter. MBs will get rejected based on quality. Post them to the microbadge designer thread first is always a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
Those who know do not speak.
badge
Those who speak do not know.
mbmbmbmbmb
salish99 wrote:
All my GW badges have been deleted or rejected, unless they were text only without the letters G and W anywhere. No images, no satire, nothing. Let the dust settle for a year, then try again.

SH Marine
SH Alien
SH Marine

How about 'the wankers formerly known as GW' ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cscottk wrote:
And from the clouds comes a voice....let your GW badges in. However, refrain from using direct artwork. It is hard to replicate direct artwork in 16x16, but still think.

Also, quality does matter. MBs will get rejected based on quality. Post them to the microbadge designer thread first is always a good thing.

No direct artwork? So this one's out of the question?

- Chaos in the Old World fan - Slaanesh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
mb
garion wrote:
cscottk wrote:

I would upload it and see what happens.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cscottk wrote:
garion wrote:
cscottk wrote:

I would upload it and see what happens.

ninja

Ok, I like living on the edge
I'll submit it then...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon Mueller wrote:

You can get GW artwork as a tattoo if you scribble your own skin, or get it done by a tattoo artist for free.

Games Workshop wrote:
This also means that we cannot allow tattoos as an acceptable use of our IP as a third party necessarily has to perform the "service."

The lawyers say it is impossible to get a tattoo for free, so it must be true. Be prepared to have them peel it off from you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garion wrote:
cscottk wrote:

I would think you must give credit to GW for their IP in the mouseover text, if you use any. This is what GW demands. I don't know if BGG accepts it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garion wrote:

That (Neon's Version) is already in (and has been for some time). See RPG Geek 4th row.

-Dave

EDIT: Nevermind... I see that's the same symbol for the same god but for a different game. Hmmm... interesting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.