Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fantasy Flight Games fanMicrobadge: CMON fanMicrobadge: Days of Wonder fanMicrobadge: Z-Man Games fanMicrobadge: Physical Fitness
Hi: I got SH 3rd for Christmas and finally opened the box, punched the pieced, assembled the models, etc. I am using a small Plano box for storing most of the counters and simialr items. Everything fits in the box but it looks like a mess. What is the best way to organize and store this game? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: What has been seen cannot be un-seen.Microbadge: Ceiling CatMicrobadge: Basement CatMicrobadge: I was a microbadge once. I hated it.Microbadge: I are serious cat. This is serious microbadge.
For storing the figures: http://battlefoam.com/catalog.php?item=226&catid=66&ret=cata...

Then just pile the rest of the tiles in the remaining space in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Military History buffMicrobadge: Wargamer of 40+ yearsMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: CaptainMicrobadge: Famous WWII units - 99th Infantry Division "Battle Babies/Checkerboard Division" (US)
scottandkimr wrote:
Hi: I got SH 3rd for Christmas and finally opened the box, punched the pieced, assembled the models, etc. I am using a small Plano box for storing most of the counters and simialr items. Everything fits in the box but it looks like a mess. What is the best way to organize and store this game? Thanks
I don't care for battlefoam, so I went with larger Planos from Walmart...

1. Larger puzzle pieces in ziplocks in bottom of box:
From gallery of desertfox2004

2. Planos for the minis, counters, and smaller puzzle pieces:

3. Everything in the box:

4. Box lid on:

Sure, the box lid does not fit down all the way, but I don't see this as a problem, as it still fits down enough to get a good seal, and I don't plan on stacking any other games on top of SH anyway (it won't stay on the shelf long anyway - gets too much play for that!)

Also, I should note that, just like with battlefoam, my approach will work with any "popular corridor space games" that you might own!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
@TaintedDragonInn
badge
www.TaintedDragonInn.com
Microbadge: I don't use any card sleevesMicrobadge: Global Religious ToleranceMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Ameritrash fanMicrobadge: Golden Reviewer
Just never put it away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fantasy Flight Games fanMicrobadge: CMON fanMicrobadge: Days of Wonder fanMicrobadge: Z-Man Games fanMicrobadge: Physical Fitness
dedbob wrote:
For storing the figures: http://battlefoam.com/catalog.php?item=226&catid=66&ret=cata...

So you just use the battlefoam tray for figures? How do you sort the tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Does anyone use this version of battlefoam: http://battlefoam.com/catalog.php?item=187

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
Microbadge: One Degree Of Separation participantMicrobadge: Stabcon AttendeeMicrobadge: Heavy Metal fanMicrobadge: I love to pimp my own games!Microbadge: Gnostic
scottandkimr wrote:
Does anyone use this version of battlefoam: http://battlefoam.com/catalog.php?item=187

I do. The extra tray is OK. Not like it cost me much extra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: What has been seen cannot be un-seen.Microbadge: Ceiling CatMicrobadge: Basement CatMicrobadge: I was a microbadge once. I hated it.Microbadge: I are serious cat. This is serious microbadge.
scottandkimr wrote:
Does anyone use this version of battlefoam: http://battlefoam.com/catalog.php?item=187\
I don't have either one myself, but I've read that really only the one piece for the figures is needed. The other foam piece takes up an unnecessary amount of room that results in there being only the bare minimum of space left for the tiles.

If I were to buy, I would buy just the foam tray for the figures, put that in the bottom of the box, and then put down a piece of cardboard cut to fit, and put the tiles on top of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Autism AwarenessMicrobadge: Big Trouble in Little China: The Game fanMicrobadge: League of Extraordinary Heroscapers - 5th AnniversaryMicrobadge: "Ten percent of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'..." — JayneMicrobadge: The Dresden Files fan
I was going to buy the battlefoam, but international postage was an insane amount (obviously calculated on size, not weight).
I use the ziplock, plano box method. I just stack the plano boxes on top of the game box so it still closes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom

Carmel
New York
msg tools
Microbadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: War of the Ring fanMicrobadge: Silver Image UploaderMicrobadge: New York Yankees fanMicrobadge: Space Hulk fan
scottandkimr wrote:
dedbob wrote:

So you just use the battlefoam tray for figures? How do you sort the tokens?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NuCHnZUBW4

It looks annoying, but it's no big deal once you've done it once or twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff hutton
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Post-Apocalyptic Fiction fanMicrobadge: Ice hockey playerMicrobadge: Sci Fi Games fanMicrobadge: I Play All GamesMicrobadge: Miniature Painter
I use 2 plano boxes (5305 jammers) the two fit good inside the original box. One plano box holds all the figures, door bases, plus blips and entry counters. The other plano box hold all small maps sections,the doors, flamer counters, dice, and overwatch counters. These are placed in the bottom of the box. The large map sections and instructions go on top the of the 2 boxes. The good thing is everything fits within the box without being too tall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
bigreddog wrote:
I use 2 plano boxes (5305 jammers) the two fit good inside the original box. One plano box holds all the figures, door bases, plus blips and entry counters. The other plano box hold all small maps sections,the doors, flamer counters, dice, and overwatch counters. These are placed in the bottom of the box. The large map sections and instructions go on top the of the 2 boxes. The good thing is everything fits within the box without being too tall.
That sounds cool. Can you post a picture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Not an actual picture of me!
Microbadge: Nine Inch Nails fanMicrobadge: I like the art in Glory to Rome just fine!Microbadge: Star Realms fanMicrobadge: CERN (Genève) fanMicrobadge: I'd buy your game if you released it for Android
I'll repost this here

I have my own battle foam inspired version. I'd like to have the original but ordering it from the US is just too much of a pain (shipping cost, customs).

So I bought some foam (100x50x5cm) and cut out two pices to fit in the box.
Then I put the minis on one of them:
Board Game: Space Hulk (third edition)

Seems to fit^^

After some cutting and internal quality control:

I came to a nice result:

For the tiles I made the bottom part:

The final foam hulk is here:

The foam is about 1cm too high. But you can still nicely close the box. If it doesn't get smaller by time and gravity I might cut of some more.

For the counters I use the bags that came with the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
That looks good, Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff hutton
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Post-Apocalyptic Fiction fanMicrobadge: Ice hockey playerMicrobadge: Sci Fi Games fanMicrobadge: I Play All GamesMicrobadge: Miniature Painter
From gallery of bigreddog
everything fits
some long map sections go between box and plano boxes
the figures go into the 3 large sections, with door bases go into one of the small sections (yes still need to finish painting whistle - but done enough to play )
the small board sections and doors and flame markers go into one box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Cliff: Where do you get the Plano 5305 Jammers? I can't find any for sale on Google, Amazon, or eBay. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff hutton
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
scottandkimr wrote:
Cliff: Where do you get the Plano 5305 Jammers? I can't find any for sale on Google, Amazon, or eBay. Thanks
I called Plano direct and order a box (6 to a box). But also remember seeing them at our local Meijer

Plano Molding Company 431 East South Street Plano, Illinois 60545 Email: customercare@planomolding.com Telephone: 800-226-9868

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Matecha
United States
Florence
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Gaslands: I follow The Rule of Carnage!Microbadge: Gaslands: Sponsored by MiyazakiMicrobadge: Gaslands: Sponsored by IdrisMicrobadge: Gaslands: Sponsored by RutherfordMicrobadge: Gaslands: Sponsored by Mishkin
You can also try this solution:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/473259/custom-space-hulk...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Fallow wrote:
Yeah, I am trying this. I could not get the Plano boxes. Even Plano is sold out right. I picked up the really useful storage boxes from Staples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls