Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Help me trim down my collection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking to pare down about 10-15 games from my collection......and I am having a tough time deciding.

Going to put it to the people here to see what games you think should go...

about the only game that is immune from the auction block (besides the new releases) is my Blood Bowl stuff, I want to keep that

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mattlokk
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't get rid of anything...
1 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you want to trim:

1) Games you don't play.
2) Your lower rated games.
3) Games that overlap (IE, I have 8 other zombie games, I don't need 6 different co-ops, etc).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartek Jarosz
Poland
Wrocław
lower silesia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe sell some expansions that you dont play so much?
i think you must name that games no one knows better than you which one is used and which one is just another box.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, well right now some of the ones that appear on the way out are

BSGalacticca
march madness
title bout
arena maximus
WH40k macragge set (all minis painted well)
Talisman + expansions
mystery of the abbey
conquest of the fallen lands
mississippi queen
red november
pirates of the spansih main
battleball
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I like most of your collection a lot, it has a lot of overlap with mine plus my wishlist. Here's some of what I'd do:

Sell:

Ikusa - fetches a decent price on eBay. Pain in the butt to set up and put away. Too few armies (ironically) to actually conquer and hold winning amounts of territory.

Dominion and Dominion: Seaside - redundant now that you have Thunderstone, plus everyone else has it. Still in high demand, easy to sell.

Sell ALL the Memoir '44 *and* Tide of Iron stuff and replace it with the Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! – Russia 1941-42 stuff. You'll thank me later.

Doom: The Boardgame and Descent: Journeys in the Dark and HeroQuest and Dungeon Twister and Cave Troll have an awful lot of overlap, no? Perhaps you could sell at least two of these groups?

I don't personally enjoy these enough to want to keep them if someone walked up and offered me cash in hand for them: Citadels and Axis & Allies and Conquest of the Empire and Lost Cities Small World.

Give away / run over with your car / leave on a park bench:

Monopoly: Star Wars - no brainer.

HeroClix - nobody really wants these anymore, right? You said yourself Star Wars Miniatures is way better ...

Teen Titans Collectible Card Game I have no idea why this is even in your otherwise decent collection - perhaps you had a momentary lapse of sobriety?



2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Qualm wrote:

HeroClix - nobody really wants these anymore, right? You said yourself Star Wars Miniatures is way better ...

Teen Titans Collectible Card Game I have no idea why this is even in your otherwise decent collection - perhaps you had a momentary lapse of sobriety?
I'd help you with these.

I like superheroes. So what?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Doria
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Oddly enough, I've never heard of vast swathes of these. Of course, I've only played a handful of games made in the last thirty years.

Don't sell Axis & Allies: it is, in many ways, the perfect wargame. You can play it with kids, with adults, heck---probably even with women. Always fun.

Samurai swords is actually a lot easier to play if you ease up the stacking rules. I don't know what this does to the realism, but I do know that when we forgot that rule the game was great. When we remembered it the next time it was much less so. But it will fetch a nice price on ebay.

Do sell all the Battleground stuff. If you want toy soldiers, get toy soldiers. If you want a game, get a game. If you a game with small figures, invest in a historical miniature system. But there's no reason to pretend that toys in a box with some paper doth a game make.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
Avatar
mbmbmb
Qualm wrote:
Sell ALL the Memoir '44 *and* Tide of Iron stuff and replace it with the Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! – Russia 1941-42 stuff. You'll thank me later.


Hear, Hear!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mead
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mhutton wrote:
ok, well right now some of the ones that appear on the way out are

BSGalacticca
march madness
title bout
arena maximus
WH40k macragge set (all minis painted well)
Talisman + expansions
mystery of the abbey
conquest of the fallen lands
mississippi queen
red november
pirates of the spansih main
battleball


Huh, well, if those are being booted out of the house, I would sure be glad to take some of them under my wing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fire me off a PM of the ones you are interested in

i think some of these will be going to auction soon

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You're getting rid of Mississippi Queen, Mike? Honestly, I think you might like that one better if you can just get your hands on the Black Rose expansion. I've got both, and if I can manage to ever make it over there on a Monday night sometime, I'll bring them so you and the guys can try it out. It's not a bad game at all, but the expansion definitely makes it better.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Menovich
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy a bigger home. It will make the relative size of you collection small and enable you to keep everything
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Putnam
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would sell games that you haven't played in over a year or the ones that you play the least.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geir Erik Ø
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
Geeks!
badge
Hello!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that you have some games that are almost identical.

Memoir 44, Battle Cyr and Battle Lore and even Heroscape. Do you need them all?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree there is some overlap, I prefer Memoir myself, to the more complex Tide of Iron or Conflict; and if you're trimming, I wouldn't immediately work on "swapping" games out.

Likewise, HeroClix just came out with a new set, so yeah, people do play that game. And lastly, Mississippi Queen has an empty spot in MY collection waiting for it....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, after giving much thought, here is what I am getting rid of:

battlestar galactica
moto grandprix
incan gold
drakon
marvel trivia game
teen titans ccg
marvel attacktix
red novenber
arena maximus
battleball
mystery of the abbey (this one is on the edge of staying)
conquest of the fallen lands (ditto)
mississippi queen (german edition with english rules)
title bout
pirates of the spnish main (have ALOt of unpunched cards/ships)
warhammer 40k mackragge set (all marines & tyranids painted well)

talisman makes the cut, for now, as does race for the galaxy.

i know there is some overlap (my kids factor into this) some games like memoir i play with my son, while TOI is more for my bigger pals.....same goes for dominion and thunderstone

i will be putting these up in the next 2 days for auction, if you have any desire to buy/trade for any of these please pm me....i have already gottten a few nibbles.

am I making any mistakes with my choices?????

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mattlokk
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mhutton wrote:
ok, after giving much thought, here is what I am getting rid of:

battlestar galactica
moto grandprix
incan gold
drakon
marvel trivia game
teen titans ccg
marvel attacktix
red novenber
arena maximus
battleball
mystery of the abbey (this one is on the edge of staying)
conquest of the fallen lands (ditto)
mississippi queen (german edition with english rules)
title bout
pirates of the spnish main (have ALOt of unpunched cards/ships)
warhammer 40k mackragge set (all marines & tyranids painted well)

talisman makes the cut, for now, as does race for the galaxy.

i know there is some overlap (my kids factor into this) some games like memoir i play with my son, while TOI is more for my bigger pals.....same goes for dominion and thunderstone

i will be putting these up in the next 2 days for auction, if you have any desire to buy/trade for any of these please pm me....i have already gottten a few nibbles.

am I making any mistakes with my choices?????



YES... please see my first comment.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.