Subject: Can you name this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
k b
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I don't remember much to go by. It would have been produced roughly in the mid 70's, give or take a few years. It was by a big game company - Milton Bradley, Hasbro. The theme was big business (I think). I think you moved your game piece around the outside of the board, ala Monopoly. There were cards involved - you'd pick up a card and follow the action. You would pick up a card if you landed on a square to pick up a card. I think Embezzlement was one of the cards. I'll add more if I remember more. Not a lot to go on I admit. Good luck gamers!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tycoon? or Billionaire?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Aleknevicus
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Billionaire is the game that comes to mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Trust Me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Link
United States
Snowmass Village
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Pay Day

It doesn't necessarilly go around the board like Monopoly, but for some its the least remembered from childhood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hovan
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lie, Cheat & Steal sounds like the one. There are cards which include embezzellement (cannot even hope to spell that one correctly). It is a monopoly like board with 10 spaces on each side with three tracks that are off-shoots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Smith
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlhovan wrote:
Lie, Cheat & Steal sounds like the one. There are cards which include embezzellement (cannot even hope to spell that one correctly). It is a monopoly like board with 10 spaces on each side with three tracks that are off-shoots.

Ah, I remember that one!!! In retrospect probably not a great game for kids, where winning depends on your being able to lie convincingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k b
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for all your help! I guess it was Billionaire. I remember it a little differently - I thought it had a darker game board and more professional style looking cards. As I look at the pics however, I think it was Billionaire. Mostly, I thought the picture of the businessman was a drawing, but I certainly remember his body position - and that's the image in my brain. Well done. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k b
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Upon further review - definitely Billionaire. Thanks loads!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.