Subject: Master of the Hunt vs. promos, part 4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph LaMothe
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We continued our Copper-level SoB campaign. This session the heroes were delving into the Torrents of Dreadpeace, hoping to get some more cash for an intense training session in the next town.

I am playing the Master of the Hunt with the Leviathan plot. My players have:
Tahlia with Defender
Okaluk and Rakash with Spry
Truthseeker Kel with Alex the Wise
Tobin Farslayer with Lucky

Currently I have the MotH hellhound upgrade, (which I finally get to use this session, sort of), the Siren LT, and Silver beasts.

The island level starts with a "fort" type set up with rubble and pits. I also get a bunch of beastmen, who are probably supposed to hide in the fort, except for one problem- one of the heroes can see and shoot through the rubble. I took a master bane spider as my other minion here and we started. This hero group rocked this island. They murdered all my monsters and barely even got hit. The General (level leader) got a couple of good hits in, but that was it. The party gained 5 conquest to my none. It's difficult to use melee monsters against this group on the islands.

The next level was Madame Marlowe's Wax Museum from SoB. This was more like it. The leader is a beefed master ogre with burn. Also, there are statues on this level that can turn into skeletons and vice versa. I started with some naga and razorwings to make use of my upgraded beasts. Yeah, the heroes did not do so well on this level. I nearly tpked them in the first two turns. It was just really tough for them to chew through silver monsters, especially with me using the naga and undying leader as walls. The group seriously though about fleeing the dungeon but decided they didn't want to return to the home port and sail all the way back here. Eventually they killed the ogre, and basically ran through the exit, leaving all the treasure and everything else behind.

The last level was Garden of Grazius from RtL. I hate this level. My group has seen it before in RtL and knew to leave the herbs alone. The one possible time I got a hit with the leader(ogre) that could knockback someone into the herbs he played a feat to make it a miss . The basic idea of this level is that there are free potions lying around, but they could anger a master giant into attacking you, and he gives conquest to the overlord if he dies. Our group flirted with Divine Favor this level. Each time I got 25 conquest ahead, the group would activate a glyph, or kill the leader to bring me back just under again. I have to admit this is kind of a pain to keep track of near the threshold. I did get to use hellhounds this level, and while the heroes never moved into their auras, it did affect hero strategy so I'm counting it as a use of my upgrade. Also, silver Blood Apes have a ton of health for how cheap their spawn is. The leader made its undying roll twice! making for a longer third level, but eventually the heroes won. Total conquest:79 OL, 54 heroes. We decided to quit here instead of risking a sea encounter on the way to town, saving training for next time.

A few comments from so far in this campaign. I'm using some OL cards I usually always toss - Gust of Wind (island spawning), the spawns for razorwings, hellhounds, etc. It's nice to see some variety from a normal game. I'm seriously considering taking Focused soon to ditch some cards like Paralyzing gas though. Door traps just aren't very useful most of the time. I'll also likely buy my 2nd LT soon-the MotH's griffin. I'm also beginning to think about saving up some XP for quick monster upgrades in silver level; so I can get to Silver-silver-gold ASAP. Next session should see some overworld turns taken for training.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.