Popular Tags: [View All]
Roman Serebryakov
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I got a little confused with the rules for this Quest.

Particularly when we were playing, my friend and I had 6 Grail cards put on, and we started going through the rules for the last card, Desolation, Despair cards, we got confused... Could someone please explain what excactly does it mean when we draw a Despair, Desolation card when you are in the Quest and what effect does it have? Is it okay to win the quest with 6 Grail + Despair card, or what? or win with 5 Garil + Despair or Desolation cards?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rio
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In order for you to succeed at the Grail quest the entire track must be filled with Grail cards. If there are still and Despair or Desolation cards you have not filled the track with Grail cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. You have to spend one grail card to get rid of a Despair card leaving a blank, then a second one to fill the hole.

It's a pain in the ass. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Serebryakov
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I think I get it now. We thought maybe Despair replaces Grail card so it is considers as the part of the 7 card set. So we thought when we play Despair as the 7th card, it will complete the Quest. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick chomatopoulos
Greece
Athens
Argiroupoli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had posted a similar question about desolation card,so you can
a very clear explanation about the grail quest..

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/485622/desolation-card-q...-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.