Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Voge III
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Check out my podcast at www.thepartygamecast.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Fellow Geeks,

I decided to try my hand a new scenario or two, and a few add ons for Shootin Ladders. They need to playtested so please let me know what you think, so I can keep refining.

Thanks,

Bruce

I have a few ideas for some new things you can do with Shootin Ladders, but first you need to add a few things to the Shootin Ladders game.

First you need to add something that can choose a random number from 1-100, be that a d100, or percentile dice, or my favorite method, two d10's that are deemed the 10's place and the 1's place. Remember if you use my method, the “10” on the tens place die is treated as a “10” if the ones die is “0” to make 100 but the “10” is treated as a “0” if the one die is “1-9” so you can make the numbers 1-9. These dice will be called the “randomizer dice”.

The other thing that you need to add to Shootin Ladders is the Gelt Pieces. You need 10 markers (poker chips work great) and leave them blank on one side and label the other side as follows:

Label 2 Gelt markers with $50,000 or 50K
Label 2 Gelt markers with $40,000 or 40K
Label 4 Gelt Markers with $25,000 or 25K
Label 2 Gelt Markers with $20,000 or 20K

These will be called the Gelt Pieces and will be used the the following scenarios.

Rules about Gelt Pieces:

1.A Gelt piece is collected the same way new gear, ammo and weapons are collected, by hitting it with an EXACT ROLL.
2.If Gelt is on the same space as gear, ammo or weapons you can either take the Gelt OR the item, but not both.
3.When/If you are crumbed, you choose your respawning area, then your Gelt is shuffled up and put on new spaces using the randomizer dice.
4.If the randomizer dice choose a space with gelt on it, or the same space as a character, a new space is rolled. TWO gelt can not be in the same place, and Gelt can not fall on to a character.
5.When you land on a Gelt piece, you can not choose to look at a hidden piece to decide if you want to take it, or an item. You either take the Gelt or take the item. The same way you can't preview an item card before taking it, you can't preview a Gelt value.

The Quest for the 100 Grand

GAME MODE: Free-for-all

MISSION GOAL: Be the first player to collect $100,000 in Gelt before being killed

SET UP: Shuffle the Gelt Pieces, and place one face down on each of the red star locations (weapon card) on the board. (8,13,20,39,44,56,69,81,88,92).

RULES: In this free-for-all Death Match, greed is good. You need to run around the board and collect the gelt pieces hoping to get to $100,000 before you get crumbed. As soon as you collect $100,000 in Gelt you win!

STARTING HAND: Deal 1 Weapon Card and 1 Gear Card to each player.

DAMAGE BOXES: Endurance (6 boxes per cookie part.)

RESPAWNS: Unlimited (but every time you respawn all your Gelt is mixed up and placed on random spaces using the randomizer dice...and you are back to $0)

STARTING POSITIONS: The highest rolling player places his movement token on any Respawn Point. Then, in clockwise order around the table, the rest of the players place their token on an unoccupied Respawn Point. The highest rolling player will take their turn first. The order will be maintained throughout the game.

Penny Candy from Heaven

GAME MODE: Free-for-all

MISSION GOAL: Be the player to collect the most money before only 3 gelt pieces are left on the board.

SET UP: Take out the four gelt pieces labeled $25,000 and place them face up on the green or green/purple star spaces (25,50,60,75). Shuffle the remaining Gelt Pieces, and place them in a stack next to the board. EVERY time a piece of gelt is picked up, randomly choose a new piece of Gelt, and use the randomizer dice to choose a location for it, it is placed on the board face up.

RULES: In this free-for-all Death Match, and he who has the most Gelt wins. You need to run around the board and collect the gelt pieces hoping to get more money than any other player before there are only 3 Gelt left on the board, and none left in the supply. As soon as there are only 3 pieces left on the board, and the supply is exhausted, the game is over, the player with the most money win. In the event of a tie the player with the most pieces of Gelt wins.

STARTING HAND: Deal 1 Weapon Card and 1 Gear Card to each player.

DAMAGE BOXES: Endurance (6 boxes per cookie part.)

RESPAWNS: Unlimited (but every time you respawn all your Gelt is mixed up and placed on random spaces using the randomizer dice...and you are back to $0)

STARTING POSITIONS: The highest rolling player places his movement token on any Respawn Point. Then, in clockwise order around the table, the rest of the players place their token on an unoccupied Respawn Point. The highest rolling player will take their turn first. The order will be maintained throughout the game.

Thanks again for looking this over, and please let me know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From the creator:

VERY INVENTIVE!

I have only quickly looked over the rules (without trying them) so far, but they seem to be very straightforward and I can't forsee any immediate hiccups.

They look like a lot of fun to me. I like the sound of the 100 Grand in particular. PLUS - extra points for making the scenario titles candy puns!!

Nice job - I can't wait to try them.
If they play as well as they sound, I'd like to list them on my site as well.

-Curt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Voge III
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Check out my podcast at www.thepartygamecast.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really glad you like them. Believe it or not it was the candy puns that led me to try making games for the titles. I also liked the idea of money in the game being Gelt, since Gelt is chocolate money.

I also need to give them a real try, right now they look good on paper to me, but I have no clue how they will do over time. Any feedback from anyone would be great.

If you put them up on the site, let me know, because that would be AWESOME!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.