Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the game board, there are clearly four peaks on which you can collect gold in the corners of the board. However, there are five "hills" on the board if you're looking solely at elevation. Half Moon Peak and the fifth "hill" share a land mass and are not divided by rivers as all the other areas of elevation are.

My question is this, when using radio hot spots, do these two hills count as one area for movement or two?

In other words, if a player leaves base camp from the Northeast corner, crosses the bridge, and ends up eight spaces North of where they started, they are on a radio hot spot. From that hot spot, can they only get a lift to one of the two refuge huts on that "hill" or can they also get a lift to any of the three huts below Half Moon Peak?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems pretty clear to me that Half Moon mountain and the unnamed mountain on the right side of the board are two different mountains.

And the rules state you only heli-move on your current mountain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Bing
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Scott

I can see where the confusion comes from when you state:
"Half Moon Peak and the fifth "hill" share a land mass and are not divided by rivers as all the other areas of elevation are."

This is indeed true, and perhaps not well enough detailed from my part in the Game Guide, but the 250 zoned valley between both the Half Moon peak and No-man's-land mountain is in fact a low-level plain that effectively keeps Half Moon Peak as it's own geographic 'mountain'.

This is also the reason why you do NOT find any radio hotspots on any of the low-level 250 spaces - so as to help avoid confusion as to the 'limits' of each mountain.

-------

When I first explain to new players a 'mountain' I explain that each mountain actually starts from the first topographique layer (500). However, when clicking on the picture link you have provided you can see there is one exception to the rule - Oblong Peak (explained in point (c). This mountain contains 1 Refuge Hut on the low level plains just near the junction of Florian Falls and the Split River.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been playing with them as two separate areas and not flying between them. However, I've played the game twice so far with 2 different groups of players and the question has been raised by someone each game.

I just couldn't find a direct answer in the rule book so I wanted to post the question here in case anyone else had the same issue. Now we all know the "official" answer.

Question aside, we're really enjoying the game. You've done a great job putting this together Marco. Let us all know when you've got the boulders and dynamite expansion ready to go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Bing
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
Yeah Scott I understand. Thanks for the prompt to get me to integrate this question onto the FAQ section of timertom.eu.

Glad to hear you've enjoyed the game. Regarding the expansions - well BGG will be the place you hear future news. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.