Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might use deck sleeves and leftover common cards from other dead ccgs to reprint at home my own deck of (of standard size/shape/dimension ccg) cards .

So, for instance, my deck would be 60 deckmaster sleeved common cards from Star Wars CCG with paper inserts printed from my printer. I'd have to convert any card I'd want to play with to the square format (even cards I already have officially from the packs). But this would let me play cards from the PDF of the cards they never printed, or fan created expansions (are there any?).

The biggest issue is how to handle size 5 abominations. But I imagine I'll just stack them down. And color activation is just handled by looking at the card beneath the current one. Not too complicated. Tapping/rotating is the same as before. Game would play just fine.

If I do this, I might upload my rectangular versions of the cards to the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Blackwolf
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do your own graphics (or know someone), the transparent sheets for overhead projector might be useful - you could make actual pentagons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lucas Blackwolf wrote:
If you do your own graphics (or know someone), the transparent sheets for overhead projector might be useful - you could make actual pentagons.

Neat. Though I would want this to be fairly simple. Cutting pentagons from transparencies does not fit my definition of simple. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Blackwolf
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the pentagons to add something to the overall feel. But should you put together rectangular(CCG) re-make, I'll be among the first to grab it ad raise a toast to your health.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Takai
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to ask you guys, but do any of you have the pdf still? I can't find any where to download it now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
undeadsalesman wrote:
Sorry to ask you guys, but do any of you have the pdf still? I can't find any where to download it now

Uploading it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hicks
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you wanted to you can buy Blank Playing cards from US Game Systems at http://www.usgamesinc.com/product.php?productid=1096&cat=5&p... packages of 500 for 14.00 USD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xaer0knight wrote:
If you wanted to you can buy Blank Playing cards from US Game Systems at http://www.usgamesinc.com/product.php?productid=1096&cat=5&p... packages of 500 for 14.00 USD

I haven't seen anything so cheap before. Have you used these? Are they good quality? How do you print onto them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hicks
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
i personally have never used. its what Magic:tg was created with, just blank cards. id image, get a sharpy for text and cut/paste some pics to the cards. i dont think you could print to them (only if they came in sheets). if you wanted to print some cards up, go to office max and see all the different Card stock Sizes and layouts, they may have something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.