Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! I was just wondering if this game is available in Vassal.
If not, are there any projects for it?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Reynolds
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, FFG strongly opposes attempts to digitally recreated their licensed products and as such you won't find Vassal modules for their products.

I recommend sending them an email and asking them to fund an official digital release While you're there, ask for a BSG one for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lucky BattleLore was from DoW back in the days

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see on the Vassal server once in a while that some people are playing something called "Arkham Horror with all expansions", but they must have produced that privately and are not allowed to share it, per FFG's rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mb
Grudunza wrote:
You can see on the Vassal server once in a while that some people are playing something called "Arkham Horror with all expansions", but they must have produced that privately and are not allowed to share it, per FFG's rules.

What he said

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anh Khoa Nguyen
Vietnam
flag msg tools
Anybody know any of "those people" email or something ?
I suddenly got the urge to contact them and asking/begging for something (^-^)

j/k, beside I think playing Arkham online somehow lose the fun. It's the atmosphere thing for me, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd sure like to know 'those people'!!!!

Playing Arkham online may not be as fun as live, but it sure wouldn't suck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anh Khoa Nguyen
Vietnam
flag msg tools
Actually one guy in our group - a programmer - is planning to make Arkham a multiplayer game by hamachi/lan in Windows platform. He said that it would be very simple, the only things that need preparing is the card graphic and such, which can be easily solved now with Strange Eons. The only thing that he still isn't sure of is the "would it be fun ?" and the license and copyrighted stuff, ...etc...

Well, I'm pretty it would be as illegal as illegal can be, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Reynolds
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shuichi Niwa wrote:

Definitely would be, the most illegal bit would probably be reproducing the art without consent.

As with most of these games if you make it more abstract than the original concept you can probably reproduce it without legal concerns but the more on the mark it gets the more likely you are to get a cease and desist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
JamesR87 wrote:
Shuichi Niwa wrote:

Definitely would be, the most illegal bit would probably be reproducing the art without consent.

As with most of these games if you make it more abstract than the original concept you can probably reproduce it without legal concerns but the more on the mark it gets the more likely you are to get a cease and desist.

They are less concerned about the art, I believe, as opposed to the text. The meat of most of their game is in the text and so that is what they are most interested in protecting that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Chin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
JamesR87 wrote:
Shuichi Niwa wrote:

They are less concerned about the art, I believe, as opposed to the text. The meat of most of their game is in the text and so that is what they are most interested in protecting that.

The text and gameplay surely going to be a fun thing... I am looking forward if someone could actually do it in a Win platform.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Bishop
United Kingdom
Bath
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see FFG's point of view, but I'm not sure that Vassal necessarily leads to a great deal of piracy or lost sales. I use it a lot because I am extremely short on space, and no longer have anywhere to leave a game set up overnight. Whilst I've played a few games of AH solo they tend to consume a lot of time and sometimes I don't have time to finish. A Vassal mod, even one that requires me to use the cards from the boxed game and just lets me set up the board and investigator sheets on the computer, would be incredibly useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.