T Scott
United States
West Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone out there has one of those printer-style cutters (like Cricut), is it possible to download the Oversoul monster PDFs and use that for cutting? I obviously don't have one and wonder how versatile these things are.

Can a PDF serve as a template for the cutter? Or do you need Illustrator files or something else? Just wondering if there are tools out there that allow you to print a PDF and then use the same PDF to do the cutting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Nichols
United States
Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe Cricut is right for the job. However, check out the website for Craft ROBO. The small machine cuts cardstock models, etc. Craft ROBO basically works off of its own software (that can be installed in Windows XP or Vista), so you can create your own designs, but it also has an import option allowing for conversion of other image files into its own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Scott
United States
West Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually went ahead and picked up a Silhouette SD. Works like a charm. I plan on posting instructions at some point that shows you how to create your own cutting files using Gimp & the Robo Master software that comes with the Silhouette SD. It's amazing how easy it is to do and the great cuts you get out of it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Scott
United States
West Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uploaded a tutorial I created for cutting out Dungeon Plungin' figs. Keep your eyes posted on the files section.... Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Scott
United States
West Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Instructions are up. Check the files section (GSDFilesMadeEasy). If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM or e-mail.

--tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.