Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Haydel
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Once you place a building on your plantation board, it's there for the rest of the game, correct? There's no way to move it to some other space on your board?

I'm pretty sure the answer here is that you can't move buildings at all, and this makes sense logically/thematically, but, it just doesn't state that explicitly in the rules (not that I can find anyway), but then again, maybe it's obvious you shouldn't be able to.

Just want to make sure I'm clear on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrhaydel wrote:
Once you place a building on your plantation board, it's there for the rest of the game, correct? There's no way to move it to some other space on your board?

I'm pretty sure the answer here is that you can't move buildings at all, and this makes sense logically/thematically, but, it just doesn't state that explicitly in the rules (not that I can find anyway), but then again, maybe it's obvious you shouldn't be able to.

Just want to make sure I'm clear on this.
don't have the rules with me, but that's how I was taught by 2 different explainers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Edgar
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Correct - once it is built you cannot move it. Once it is built then you can no longer activate the resource field underneath it either.

You are right - the rulebook doesn't explicitly state that you can't move them - but there is no mechanism in the rulebook to move them, and there is no point in the tern cycle where the moving of buildings is enabled (though I've certainly had a few games where I'd like to move a building or two later in the game ). Check page 13 of the rulebook - you can build and activate buildings - no other actions listed.

Cuba is a great game but we definitely felt like we had our training wheels on for the first few games. Its a fun game but some of the mechanics are quite different and the rulebook covers all of the rules of play but isn't always as detailed as you would like. Well worth persevering with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.