Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to use small pyramids instead of glass beads as domes?

Just wondering...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the only reason is to lower the number of pyramids required. As this game is really a piecepack+Icehouse game (at least it was originally) it made sense to use the coins as domes. If you're going to build a set of tiles just for this game, then you don't need to create the coins and can use anything else that fits instead (beads, small pyramids, etc..).

I think the beads work very well because they look more like domes, but there's no reason to use pyramids if you have enough of them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Asur wrote:
Not to use small pyramids instead of glass beads as domes?

Just wondering...

You won't have enough using just one set of pyramids in each color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, six small pyramids. I don't have that many. Stupid question, carry on, nothing to see here. shake

Now let's find glass beads for sale...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know; that sounds to me like a good justification to simply buy another stash of pyramids...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
I don't know; that sounds to me like a good justification to simply buy another stash of pyramids...

Well, my justification was wanting to play mega-volcano.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.