Subject: Britsh - Falklands rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Brown
Scotland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An idea that came to me while replying to a post in my review - although I'm sure others have thought of it.

1. Seaborne assault with Royal Marines in Rigid Raiders?
2. Harrier Jump Jets
3. MILAN tank busters
4. Scorpions and Scimitars.
5. Or command a Company of the Parachute Reg...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While one could certainly do a British Company in the Falklands, they did see sustained, intense infantry combat. No in a non-campiagn scenario based approach, we could do a series of different combat situations without the burden of designing an ongoing campaign. Part of the appeal of the game, though, is having manage the company through a series a missions, not just one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I think that is the other half of the enjoyment of the game Ben.

I'm using family and friend names as my LTs and FSGT and it really brings the narrative to life as they struggle to carry out your orders and not get hurt in the process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Brown
Scotland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I can appreciate what you are saying - it would definitely be a series of unrelated operations rather than a campaign. And one of the big appeals of the game is the development of your company over a campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Langdon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not so sure. 2 para at Goose green was a bigger operation than Fof portrays, i think you could split that battle into 2 parts hinging around a certain well known event OR ridge clearance then the town (as there was a pause during the battle). You could also have a what if the Argentine Helicopter reinforcements had fought instead of falling for Keebles ruse to surrender.
They then launched the attack on Wireless Ridge and certainly performed better as a result of the previous actions. You could probably throw in some patrol type actions using either the Recon platoon or the Sas operations. I forget the name but there was also a skirmish to clear a position in the lead upto Goose Green, as a jumping off point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.