Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pat, Troy and I went into the world one day, and decided it was too much for us, so we went home and stayed farmers instead.

I bought a kiln and a horse, and my house and horse were toasty and warm in the evening. My wife and I slept amongst the grain fields, because the horse snored.

Troy built a paddock, and put his wife in it, because she snored.

Pat built an even bigger paddock, and built the biggest bonfire you can imagine with all the peat he'd cut from his fields.

Merric=green; Troy=white; Pat=blue

Yes, we were taking this game seriously. Mostly. Well, Troy was. I'm not sure about Pat - and your session reporter isn't. Well, how can I after this photo?

Troy (left), Pat (right)

Farmer Pat went to market. He saw some white fluffy animals, and he wanted them. However, there were only a couple for sale, so he bought them. Once home, he discovered how well they went in his paddock. Meanwhile, his wife hauled wood from the nearby forests.

Farmer Troy discovered this amazing new invention called Wheat. Rushing after it, and ignoring his empty paddock, he discovered how you could bake it into this tasty substance called bread. Sweet!

Farmer Merric grumped around the fields until he realised that a bigger house would allow his wife, his son, his horse and he to share the house equally! (The horse still stole the sheets, though). In retribution, he built a cookhouse and threatened the horse with it in case it ever got any funny ideas.

Farmer Pat cut down trees and plowed the fields. He then attempted to increase his flock of sheep by planting some of them in the new fields. It works for grain, why not for sheep? Indeed, it did work - but the sheep it grew were flying sheep and flew away from his farm, never to be seen again (by Pat, at least).

Farmer Troy invented the "winged sheep de-winger", with which he shot down Pat's escaped flying sheep, whereupon he pastured them in his paddock (or paddocked them in his pasture), while singing praises to the Goddess of Bread. (Demeter or Ceres. Your choice!)

Farmer Merric and his wife had a daughter, who fell in love with the horse and followed it everywhere. It slept with it at night. Farmer Merric built a clay oven and threatened the horse with that, but the horse ignored it: you can't cook horses in an oven!

Farmer Merric, seeing what his two neighbours were doing with wood and white fluffy animals, built fences and inhabited them with sheep. He asked the horse (nicely) to move out into the other paddock, but the horse said "neigh".

Farmer Pat looked enviously at Farmer Troy's farm (which now had boar) whilst gnawing on a leg of mutton. Farmer Pat couldn't understand why his sheep kept disappearing! "Mutton yesterday, mutton today, and blimey, if it don't look like mutton again tomorrer!" he muttered, and Farmer Pat's wife was just happy that Farmer Pat didn't know the difference between Old French and Old English.

Farmer Merric went out one day to clear some forest for fields. When he returned, his horse had rebuilt his house out of clay. "You're not Augustus", said Merric, "but you'll do." The horse went on to become consul.

Farmer Troy discovered that the best way of getting his horse out of the house was to buy... another horse. The two gambolled out into the paddock together and in due time, another horse appeared. Meanwhile, Troy's boar were as normal for boars: boring.

Farmer Pat felt cold, but Farmer Pat had no horse to keep him company. His wife and his children exclaimed, "It's cold, Farmer Pat!" and he agreed, but did nothing to warm the place up. Eventually, his wife went out to a nice place that do wonderful things with straw and mud, and soon they lived in a nice new house - except for the sheep, who felt aggrieved.

Farmer Pat built a fence. It went as far as the eye could see - as long as you were squint-eyed like Farmer Pat. Unfortunately for Farmer Pat's children, it used all the wood that would have heated their rooms, and so they shivered and woke up ill. Farmer Pat had his wife for fuel - I mean, heat! (His wife wondered why they'd never sowed anything in the fields... perhaps she should have shown the "Young Ones" to Farmer Pat?)

Farmer Troy could be heard to exclaim, "More Wood! More Sheep!" but none came to his call. Instead a stork arrived, and a stable, in which he placed the cow for milk. Hearing tales of the new child, a sheep arrived to give gifts, and fell asleep in its chamber. Such is the way of sheep: they sleep easily.

Farmer Merric built a fence, and saw that it was good. He finally bought another horse, and it and his daughter's horse gambolled in the paddock, and they thought it was good. And a third horse appeared - in the magical way these things - and they thought it was good. And Farmer Merric and his wife had Mutton and Pumpkin and Bread for dinner, and it was good - and so the game ended.

Final Scores:

Merric 51 (4 fields, 3 pastures, 3 grain, 3 vegies, 2 sheep, 1 boar, 3 cattle, 3 horses, 8 house, 15 family, 6 cards)

Troy 31 (2 fields, 3 pastures, 3 grain, -1 vegies, 2 sheep, 3 boar, 1 cattle, 4 horses, -1 unused, 2 stables, 12 family, 1 card)

Pat 23 (2 fields, 2 pastures, -1 grain, -1 vegies, 1 sheep, -1 boar, -1 cattle, -1 horse, 8 house, 8 family, 7 cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Coupla good laughs there worthy of some gelt. Thanks for the grins, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.