Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Mackin
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

If my speed pawn is on a circle that doesn't have the change gear hashed marking going from it can I choose change gear plus turbo and use the turbo points first to move to a circle that does have a change gear hashed marking and then change gear or is the turbo boost only applied after my action for the turn so that I can't pick change gear unless I start on a circle that has the change gear hashed markings going from it?

Thanks

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
bionikbonce wrote:

If my speed pawn is on a circle that doesn't have the change gear hashed marking going from it can I choose change gear plus turbo and use the turbo points first to move to a circle that does have a change gear hashed marking and then change gear or is the turbo boost only applied after my action for the turn so that I can't pick change gear unless I start on a circle that has the change gear hashed markings going from it?

Thanks

Mark

Turbo Points are used after Changing Gear. If there are no hashed markings you may only change along one solid line to the next value. Then you may use up to three Turbo's moving the pawn either up and/or to the right along a solid line.

Turboing first and then changing gear would keep your vehicle out of the red the vast majority of times. Good for the vehicle, but it would take a lot of the risk factor out of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mackin
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the answer zombiegod, much appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:

Turbo Points are used after Changing Gear. If there are no hashed markings you may only change along one solid line to the next value. Then you may use up to three Turbo's moving the pawn either up and/or to the right along a solid line.

Turboing first and then changing gear would keep your vehicle out of the red the vast majority of times. Good for the vehicle, but it would take a lot of the risk factor out of the game.

I knew something was wrong. Neither of the two rulebooks cover this.

This also suddenly makes the Flamethrower a viable weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.