Subject: Questions regarding Barricades rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If my hero is in a corner, and touching 2 walls, does my successful roll of 4+ enable me to place a barrier on each wall... I believe the rules say to place it on the wall that the hero is touching...

Just to clarify, there are some buildings where a wall might not be exactly straight... Hospital... does my barricade only build a each section of the wall, or the entire wall... for instnace, some buildings would be 4 barricades to cover, othere might be 8 or 10... with lots of small barricades...

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
It says "To build a Barridade, choose any wall that the Hero is touching", so just one wall gets barricaded.

Only the section of a wall that you are touching is built, which is why there are different size barricades. Some buildings would indeed require more work to fully barricade.

I have a question, though, about the line: "Corner walls in the Manor House cannot have barricades placed specifically on them." What does that mean exactly? In Supply Run it says that the Manor House starts Fully Barricaded, and the notes for that in the rules say to put a barricade on every wall. So is that a special case for that scenario, where you do barricade the corner walls, or does that mean that zombies can still pass through corners as normal, even when barricades are on both sides of the corner, or what?? I'm confused by that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne Aubert
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, if i remember correctly, Corner Walls are the littles ones that prevent to move diagonaly inside the the manor ( there are 4 of them ).
So, i would interpret the rules as beeing ables to fully barricades any external walls of the manor, but not theses littles ones ( btw, they don't even have the size of a case ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Blutch75 wrote:
Well, if i remember correctly, Corner Walls are the littles ones that prevent to move diagonaly inside the the manor ( there are 4 of them ).
So, i would interpret the rules as beeing ables to fully barricades any external walls of the manor, but not theses littles ones ( btw, they don't even have the size of a case ).

Ah okay, that makes sense... meaning those little wall extensions on the interior. But I think the wording in the rulebook is a little vague, as to me, "corner walls" could mean any wall that leads into a corner, which in this case would include several of the main walls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Blutch75 wrote:

Hey Guys,

That is correct. The term 'Corner Walls' is defined in the basic LNOE rulebook and simply refers to the small wall extensions that protrude from some of the corners inside the Manor House as well as the small 'plus' shaped wall in the center of the Manor.

- Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.