Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Gong
United States
Bayside
New York
flag msg tools
mb
looking to pick up the game tonight and was wondering if I should pick up a plano box to go with it? which plano box do you guys suggest?

To the geekers that have picked up this gem, how you guys feel about putting the chits in baggies? how annoying is it to separate the chits when you pour them out before you start a game? is it worth it to pick up the plano box?

Thanks ahead of time for the replies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Moulton
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use baggies for the chits. The game comes with quite a few and you could even separate each chit type so there is no sorting involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
I must think over my position and how I may improve it.
mb
I find two bags sufficient. Pour 'em out and it's not hard to find the denomination you need in a pile. No need to sort. That's for compulsive people. I promise I can get a chit faster than anyone can pull one out of a plano box (even a GMT chit tray!).

Card sleeves on the other hand...

I'd invest in some nice KMC clears to make shuffling easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Blogg
Indonesia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the tips - my version arrives via Fedex today also!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Wesley
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Need? Not really, you can do it with baggies.

I use a small Plano box for each side, with the chits divided up 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5/6/7/8 and the die in the 6th spot. I don't know what the Plano # is, but it is small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure the plano box is thin.

A GMT counter tray is another way to organize the counters, the problem is there is not a lot of space in the box with the fancy new deluxe map and a counter tray; all the cards will fit but they have to be stowed pretty tightly.

A few baggies will store the counters well enough.

Have fun with your new game. Don't forget to do Military Ops each turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have most of my wargames in Planos or counter trays, but I didn't think it was necessary for this one. I think I used three of the provided baggies: one each for Russian and US influence markers and one for all the other ones. They all fit under the middle section of the insert and all my cards (sleeved in my case) fit at the ends of the insert. I might make a couple tuck boxes to make the cards a little neater, but this is one that I wouldn't bother to Plano.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Miller
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I use a small Plano box for each side, with the chits divided up 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5/6/7/8 and the die in the 6th spot. I don't know what the Plano # is, but it is small.

I use this exact same box. I found mine in the fishing section of Walmart. Bought 2 of them, about $2 each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Wesley
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brotherjo wrote:
I use this exact same box. I found mine in the fishing section of Walmart. Bought 2 of them, about $2 each.

Yup - sounds like the ones I use, I use them for lots of games & buy 'em 8 or 10 at a time from Wally World.

They make the top of the box not quite fall all the way down over the bottom, but since 90% of my games are like that anyway, it doesn't bother me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sherwood
United States
Arundel
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i stick 'em in baggies. Once we're playing, I'll separate my chits into two piles for high/low denominations while it's my opponent's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
badge
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
mbmbmbmb
I have my counters (old version) separated in three Fisherman's Friend metal boxes, like these:

Works really well, and doesn't take up too much space in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baggies, nuff said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flawed Hero
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For TS I prefer a Plano box or chit tray because you're basically picking up the pieces during play, and all the sorting has been done for you. That said, good luck finding one that will fit in the box with everything else. I tried finding one that would fit under the insert, which I measured to be about 3/4" high. No dice. I ended up using a GMT chit tray and with everything in the box, the lid closes about halfway. Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.