Claustrophobia» Forums » Rules

Subject: grenade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fred Tortonesi
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
how does grenade work. do you roll seperately for each target? take out a target for each die roll that does damage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CROC
France
Guyancourt
Yvelines
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
You roll 2 dice for each target. Ally or enemy.

CROC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fred Tortonesi
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
thanks.we played it right. the lair is the only tile that you can place troglodytes regardless to the tiles rules. i know narrow tunnels 1 warrioron each side. regular tiles 3 on each side, and pentagon tile 5 from each side. the lair seems to be the tile the heroes don't want to be on or near lol. my friend got a nasty combo on me as the demon player. he got xtra dice 4, and i stumbled upon a demonic device,bringint him to five dice. I think five dice is maximum he can have at least for the games we ran thus far. when that situtaion came up for me when i played the demon he just happened tohave the advantage card to lower my dice amount really low. good game looking forward to playing alot more games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alfan727 wrote:
thanks.we played it right. the lair is the only tile that you can place troglodytes regardless to the tiles rules. i know narrow tunnels 1 warrioron each side. regular tiles 3 on each side, and pentagon tile 5 from each side. the lair seems to be the tile the heroes don't want to be on or near lol. my friend got a nasty combo on me as the demon player. he got xtra dice 4, and i stumbled upon a demonic device,bringint him to five dice. I think five dice is maximum he can have at least for the games we ran thus far. when that situtaion came up for me when i played the demon he just happened tohave the advantage card to lower my dice amount really low. good game looking forward to playing alot more games.

Can I spawn more than 3 trogs on a lair since placement rules are ignored?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
princemousey wrote:
alfan727 wrote:

Can I spawn more than 3 trogs on a lair since placement rules are ignored?

The only rules that are ignored on a Liar are the rules for entry. Room-size limits still apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rasmussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So each troglodyte is considered an individual target with regard to the Grenade? so a tile with 3 trogs would give me 6 dice in all instead of just the 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazar Yoot
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stradk wrote:
So each troglodyte is considered an individual target with regard to the Grenade? so a tile with 3 trogs would give me 6 dice in all instead of just the 2?

Sounds this way. I've been playing it wrong, we would roll two dice and apply the roll in dmg to each character on the tile. Not a huge change, I'll make sure to let my group know. Thank you TC for asking the question I've been meaning to and always forgetting and thank you CROC for the explaination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - African River
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stradk wrote:
So each troglodyte is considered an individual target with regard to the Grenade?

Yes.

Stradk wrote:
so a tile with 3 trogs would give me 6 dice in all instead of just the 2?

6 total, but only 2 apply to any individual trog. Don't forget that if you have humans on the tile, you'll have to roll 2 dice for each of them as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wind ohho
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Stradk wrote:
So each troglodyte is considered an individual target with regard to the Grenade?

Yes.

Stradk wrote:
so a tile with 3 trogs would give me 6 dice in all instead of just the 2?

6 total, but only 2 apply to any individual trog. Don't forget that if you have humans on the tile, you'll have to roll 2 dice for each of them as well.

I am not quite understand. So the grenade will deal damage to BOTH ally and enemy on the selected tile.

and if, somehow, the little Trogs got stronger and have Def of 3 or more (if it is possible) then only 2 dice can apply to each Trogs = nothing happens in the end because Trog don't get wound...it is either dead or alive creature....

Im I correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - African River
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
windku wrote:
I am not quite understand. So the grenade will deal damage to BOTH ally and enemy on the selected tile.

True.

windku wrote:
and if, somehow, the little Trogs got stronger and have Def of 3 or more (if it is possible) then only 2 dice can apply to each Trogs = nothing happens in the end because Trog don't get wound...it is either dead or alive creature....

Im I correct?

No, not correct. You seem to be confusing Def with Health. A normal Trog has Def 3 and Health 1, meaning that if any single die is 3 or higher, it will cause 1 hit, which equals the Health, and the Trog dies. If have a Tough Trog. his Def increases to 5, but his Health is still 1, and a single hit will still kill him. Here are some sample grenade rolls:

Doesn't hit any trog.

Hits and kills a regular trog, but misses a tough trog.

Hits and kills any trog, even a tough one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wind ohho
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
windku wrote:

True.

windku wrote:

Im I correct?

No, not correct. You seem to be confusing Def with Health. A normal Trog has Def 3 and Health 1, meaning that if any single die is 3 or higher, it will cause 1 hit, which equals the Health, and the Trog dies. If have a Tough Trog. his Def increases to 5, but his Health is still 1, and a single hit will still kill him. Here are some sample grenade rolls:

Doesn't hit any trog.

Hits and kills a regular trog, but misses a tough trog.

Hits and kills any trog, even a tough one.

true!! sorry a bit confuse ..but now I get it thanks for clarification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gah! Another rule I messed up. shake We played one 2d6 roll, applied to all models on the tile.

I have to say, these rules forums are one of the best resources on the geek. Having said that, I'll stop resurrecting old threads now (I feel like I'm in a library - SHHH!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
birdman37 wrote:
...I'll stop resurrecting old threads now (I feel like I'm in a library - SHHH!)

I have often wondered about that. Many times, when learning/researching a new game, I will go way back into the old threads. Sometimes, I will have a comment or question, and I am sometimes reluctant (to post) as I am not sure of the "protocol" for resurrecting older threads.

IS there any protocol for this? Is it bad manners to bring alive an old thread (and how old is "OLD"? LOL).?

-SK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sargonkid wrote:
birdman37 wrote:
...I'll stop resurrecting old threads now (I feel like I'm in a library - SHHH!)

I have often wondered about that. Many times, when learning/researching a new game, I will go way back into the old threads. Sometimes, I will have a comment or question, and I am sometimes reluctant (to post) as I am not sure of the "protocol" for resurrecting older threads.

IS there any protocol for this? Is it bad manners to bring alive an old thread (and how old is "OLD"? LOL).?

-SK

Go for it!

It always makes me happy... it's like 5% of the feeling I get from visiting the old bagel shop in my college town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Enko
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the rules for rolling for grenade when there are BOTH ally and enemy in the same tile?

For instance, in a tile with two enemies and an ally, do you roll 6 dice and then assign the dice to each target? Or you roll separately for each of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blackbane wrote:
What are the rules for rolling for grenade when there are BOTH ally and enemy in the same tile?

For instance, in a tile with two enemies and an ally, do you roll 6 dice and then assign the dice to each target? Or you roll separately for each of them?

Separately (on any order):
- Pick the first enemy Trog and roll 2 dice.
- Pick the second enemy Trog and roll 2 dice.
- Pick the human ally and roll 2 dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.