Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Hawks
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had my first play tonight of Road to Legend. We picked our heroes and dealt out skills as normal. After the session I read the rulebook online (my friend owns the game) to see what nifty things we would be able to buy. I noticed that the chart showing the skill costs range from one previously known skill to 5. Since each hero starts out with 3, it seems like we would hit the cap quickly, and there would be no way to have 1 skill. Am I missing something here?

Edited for stupid little mistakes I made because I was tired

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
banjothulu wrote:
Had my first play tonight of Road to Legend. We picked our heroes and dealt out skills as normal. After the session read the rulebook online (my friend owns the game) to see what nifty things we would be able to but. I noticed that the chart showing the skill costs ranges from one previously known skill to 5. Since each hero starts out with 3, it seems like we would hit the cap quickly, and there would be no way to have 1 skill. Am I missing something here?

RtL pg8
Once these changes are made, each hero player draws the skill
cards indicated on his hero sheet, plus one extra skill from the
skill deck of his choice. Heroes begin the campaign with only
one skill, however, so each hero player then chooses one of
these skill cards to keep and discards the others
back to their
appropriate decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, even though you draw 4 cards (your normal 3 + 1 extra), you only keep one. Hope you didn't play too much, you will probably need to restart

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hawks
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks. We just played 2 levels of one dungeon and messed up a lot of rules. This is (hopefully) the only one I failed to catch in my read through of the rulebook. I'm excited about our next session, when we can play with the correct rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Yeah, even though you draw 4 cards (your normal 3 + 1 extra), you only keep one. Hope you didn't play too much, you will probably need to restart :(

-shnar

Since ToI there is no 'normal 3'.
The rules don't give a number, just 'the skill cards indicated on your sheet', so perhaps better not to paraphrase (wrongly) for newbies. ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True, change what I said to "normal starting skills" then

And as for restarting, I highly recommend rereading the rules every now and then as just general practice. And read the FAQ as well. There are a *lot* of subtle rules in this game and it's real easy to overlook one or two. Rereading the rules, especially after a game, is very useful for recognizing if you're playing something right/wrong. Also, don't forget to read the beginning parts (where it describes the components of the game), there's a few rules there that aren't listed anywhere else (like how to buy party upgrades). And reading the Marker effects and Abilities is a good idea too

Good gaming,

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.