Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Dominion style mechanic could be easily put into a sports themed game. I think sports + Dominion mechanic is a natural.

For example, in American football, there are only 5 ways to score:

Touchdown - 6 points
Extra point - 1 point
Two point coversion - 2 points
Safety - 2 points
Field Goal - 3 points

this could easily be the equivalent of the Duchy, Estate, etc.

What about you? Do you have any ideas for a sports-themed Dominion-like game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RoboThayne
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mbmbmb
Interesting Idea. You're right that the scoring is similar. However, in team sports when the offense is attempting to score there is also a defense trying to stop the offense (which is generally lacking in the Dominion mechanic). For the analagy to work, it would make sense to be a two-player game or a team game AND the defense would need some abilities (cards? tokens?) that can be played to hinder the scoring.

Would I personally be interested? Probably not, but it sounds like a good creative endeavor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celso Távora
Brazil
Cruzeiro Novo
DF
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting, indeed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not? But as there are already sports games and there is already Dominion, I would not be very interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes an interesting idea. I like the American Football theme but am struggling to see how it might work. Feels like it might be a bit limiting in the types/functions of the cards (but again haven't given this too much thought). But yes would be interested to see what this looked like.

Another "sports" alternate might be something like the Olympic's, (winter and/or summer - hey possibly an expansion here), where the goals are gold silver bronze medals (directly akin to Duchy, etc). Might allow for great variety given the number of different sports.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.