Subject: Update from LnL, should be shipping after February 22nd. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Email from Lock n' Load this morning, looks like we may be seeing light at the end of the zombie tunnel:

Quote:
The week that was 1-25-2010
We continue to ship ROH and NOSB. We approved the BLUELINEs for ATZ and DEL, and (this is the best news we have had this year) the printer has given us a delivery date of February 22nd for ATZ and Dawn's Early Light . Hence, we'll start shipping right after they arrive and also have them available at Prezcon, although they will cost full (or very slightly discounted) prices there. The World at War Compendium counters are complete and scheduled to arrive February 3rd, so we will start shipping those by the 4th. Lots of work completed on No Middle Ground, but to be honest, not a lot to show for it. Still working on scenario polishing and counter drawing. As always, it's taking longer than I hoped. We are closing our forums here at LNLP, and encourage everyone to meet us over on Consimworld and Boardgamegeek. Those are the forums most everyone used anyway, so there is very little impact, but some significant time savings for us. I can tell you guys the names of three of our next four P500 titles. To read more click the link below: http://www.locknloadgame.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
got the same email! hooray!

P.S. I believe this date too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Frazier
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll see. I've been heartbroken before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From CSW:

(Parsons) Mark, when should one ask about the WaW Compendium if it has not arrived?

(Lock 'n Load) It never hurts to ask. I monitor the staff at locknloadgame dot game email. We are still shipping those, and yours is one that hasn't been shipped yet. We hired someone just this week to help us speed the shipping process. What with ToT, ATZ, DEL, and Revelation arriving next week, we are going to be a very busy little company.

(Gray) Which one ships first?

(Lock 'n Load) We will attempt to move them all in a semi-simultaneous manner.

(Gray) How about shipping them in the order they were charged? Makes sense doesn't it?

(Hayes) I'd second that suggestion.

(Lock 'n Load) No response
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm unable to check my email from this location. So, it's FEB 22nd, is ATZ shipping today or sometime this week?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the other items LnL seems to be shipping I don't think I'd assume it is shipping this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
My ass is green, but I don't let it worry me.
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems yet more waiting lies in our futures:
LnL Website wrote:
The Week That Was... 2.22.10

The printer is waiting on DICE (of all things), so ATZ and Dawn's Early Light won't arrive till February 26, at Prezcon. We continue to ship the World at War Compendium . Paul has No Middle Ground revisions in. We are working on a problem with the editor menu in Heroes of Stalingrad. White Star Rising... tweaked the transportaion,improved position, and mine rules and continued to proof scenarios. Tank on Tank is on P500, the first copies are due in tomorrow. We hope to debut a new line of science fiction games in early March. Stay tuned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently though they'll have some copies at Prezcon...

Capoeirista wrote:
It seems yet more waiting lies in our futures:
LnL Website wrote:
The Week That Was... 2.22.10

The printer is waiting on DICE (of all things), so ATZ and Dawn's Early Light won't arrive till February 26, at Prezcon. We continue to ship the World at War Compendium . Paul has No Middle Ground revisions in. We are working on a problem with the editor menu in Heroes of Stalingrad. White Star Rising... tweaked the transportaion,improved position, and mine rules and continued to proof scenarios. Tank on Tank is on P500, the first copies are due in tomorrow. We hope to debut a new line of science fiction games in early March. Stay tuned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Perreault-Dorion
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
graydo wrote:
Given the other items LnL seems to be shipping I don't think I'd assume it is shipping this week.

Bummer ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drive to Prezcon and you can buy a copy...

Oeternalis wrote:
graydo wrote:

Bummer ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Holt Walker in response to concerns by people who'd preordered ATZ on CSW:

"Guys, this is nuts. What do you want me to do? Refuse the shipment? Cancel our participation in the Con? This isn't a planned gouge at preorder people.The printer can only give us 100 copies by Friday. I cannot change that. I have done everything in my power to ensure we had these well in advance of Prezcon and would begin shipping before then. Anyone...and there will be plenty, who preordered the game and wishes to pick them up at the con will be able to and will also have their shipping refunded."

Maybe someone here can make their way to Prezcon, secure a copy and post a review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I guess....someday. soblue

Though, I can understand how some pre-order customers might feel about the Prezcon situation. It was the P-500 group that made the game possible in the first place and to place Prezcon before your key supporters could feel like a back-hand blow and a certain lack of business priority in regard to your core supporters.

On the other hand, Mark does make a valid point about his situation in regard to this game and the timing of Prezcon.

For the sake of fairness and transparency in regard to my comments I am a pre-order customer and was charged back in October for this much anticipated game. I am not personally angry with Mark Walker or Lock n' Load, but really do hope this game will be available soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Perreault-Dorion
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never been angry with LnL and will never be. I know how those things work and I understand that absolutely NOTHINGS goes according to plan. I over-hyped myself about the 22nd and I guess I was a little bit disappointed but life goes on.

I'll continue to patiently wait for my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this is purely a business decision and purely coincidental at that. They will get much more financial benefit (money and word-of-mouth buzz) out of selling the 100 copies of All Things Zombie: The Boardgame to people at PREZCON than they will honoring their committments to the people who pre-ordered; after all, they already have our money. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless there is some sort of custom dice I would have taken the game without them. Of course if they did that some one would be screaming his head off that he didn't get dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Talbert
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
Yeah, this is purely a business decision and purely coincidental at that. They will get much more financial benefit (money and word-of-mouth buzz) out of selling the 100 copies of All Things Zombie: The Boardgame to people at PREZCON than they will honoring their committments to the people who pre-ordered; after all, they already have our money. shake

Good for them. It is not like we are talking about Microsoft here. This is boardgaming, noone is going to make the fortune 500 list in this business. If they make some cash and get some buzz that helps them keep a successful business going, more power to them.

I pre-ordered as well, and although I am really looking forward to this game I am not going to lose any sleep over not getting it this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
inttruder wrote:
Good for them. It is not like we are talking about Microsoft here. This is boardgaming, noone is going to make the fortune 500 list in this business. If they make some cash and get some buzz that helps them keep a successful business going, more power to them.

I pre-orderer as well, and although I am really looking forward to tbis game I am not going to lose any sleep over not getting it this week.

Not losing a bit of sleep. Just pointing out that Lock 'n Load Publishing, LLC. made a business decision to take the available copies of All Things Zombie: The Boardgame to PREZCON and sell them to other customers, rather than honor their committments to those who pre-ordered, without whom, there would be no All Things Zombie: The Boardgame to take to PREZCON.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see both sides of the argument. The pre-order people should get their copies first but our hobby is such a niche hobby that if a company is forced to make a tough decision like this one I would rather have them make some more money selling at Prezcon and delay my order. I'll admit I'm taking a longer view of the situation here.

More sales/exposure will lead to more expansions and fun for me down the road.

You could also argue that this is a form of Tantric Gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would generally agree with that. But when payment was collected nine months ago it sort of gives the situation a different flavour.

armed-medic wrote:
I can see both sides of the argument. The pre-order people should get their copies first but our hobby is such a niche hobby that if a company is forced to make a tough decision like this one I would rather have them make some more money selling at Prezcon and delay my order. I'll admit I'm taking a longer view of the situation here.

More sales/exposure will lead to more expansions and fun for me down the road.

You could also argue that this is a form of Tantric Gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to be pretty darn mello when it comes to the whole P500 order process, figuring the game will arrive when it arrives. I've never gotten upset with a delay and really don't care that I had to pre-pay. I get that some companies need to do that so to make ends meet and I'm willing to do my share to support a good company in this niche hobby. Heck, I have a couple of dozen games on pre-order with various companies right now.

So I don't entirely understand why this whole Prezcon thing bugs me, but it does. It just seems like a really short sighted PR mistake. I'm sure I'll enjoy the game whenever it arrives, whether that is in a week or ten, but for now I'm going to be spending my game dollars with other companies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Daley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me just say that I have NOT preordered this game, but I've been following it's development for a long time now. I was kind of hoping to read a review or two before committing to buying it.

I can now say that I will never purchase this game. I don't care how good the reviews are. A company that has this kind of disregard for it's paying customers does not deserve my money. Wow. I really can't believe they are doing this to the people who pre-ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not gonna lie to you and say that I won't be buying any LnL games in the future, but I darn sure won't be pre-ordering any!

Edit- And I'm not implying that anyone is lying when they say they won't buy from LnL. I'm just talking about me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lohse
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll say here roughly the same thing I said over at CSW. I say this not having ATZ on preorder but having DEL on preorder so I am affected by this as well [although without the long ATZ-associated delay].

I really don't see this as a case of LnL going out of its way to ignore or disregard the people who preordered. ATZ and DEL were delayed from the 22nd to late this week for reasons that seem largely beyond their control. Based on the fact that the Compendium is still shipping roughly two weeks after arriving at the warehouse, even if the games had arrived Monday I doubt that all of the DEL, ATZ, and ToT preorders would have shipped before this weekend anyways. Given that I assume registration was a while back, I can't imagine that LnL would pull out of the Convention due to the games arriving the day before.. after all there are other LnL games to promote as well. It also sounds there is a special effort being made by the printer to deliver some games to LnL at the Con for sale... so I am not sure that all of them are getting delivered yet... and the alternative to LnL getting some games delivered at the Con might have been no copies delivered to LnL until next week in which case nobody would have gotten any copies. If they can get the games at the Con and anyone who preordered the games and who is attending the Con could pick them up as well [which I assume LnL will do... but I have no idea], I really don't mind them selling the games to the general public as well as long as they don't sell so many they can't fill all the preorders [which would be way beyond stupid if they did and worthy of endless anger at them]. Yes, I would like to get DEL shipped to me before it is sold to the general public in whatever setting, but at the same time I want LnL's products to be successful and get wide exposure. Is selling a few copies at the convention the perfect solution... no. But then again, I am not sure that embargoing all other sales of a new game until every single preorder has shipped is viable either [again... if the games had arrived Monday but not every preorder had shipped by Friday should they avoid selling it at the con?].

That said, I do understand why people would be beyond frustrated with ATZ due to the previous delays. Plus, regardless of what I or anyone else says, everyone gets to decide how offended they are by any action LnL or any other company. I just wanted to share my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well. I can wait. Sell a copy of this game to someone at the con (lucky bugger, do what you gotta do) and get some buzz, I'll wait a tad longer.

Personally, I don't mind. It'll mean more opponents/buddies for me to discuss this with on the geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to be plenty of people to discuss it with. Between VG's Republic of Rome and LnL's WaW Compendium and ATZ I'm not doing preorder systems that charge till just before the game is shipping. I may change my mind later but that is it for now. I'll still do those like GMT that charge when they are ready to ship. Even if it means I may not get a game I want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.