Subject: map? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at the map for Supreme Commander at GMT's website because I'm interested in the game and I love maps.

Wondered why Bulgaria was so squished and Romania so large (north to south)? I know there are sacrifices to realism when the real world is rendered in hex formats, but still Bulgaria looks unnaturally thin, and Bucharest and the Danube kind of far south. (Switzerland looks a bit small, too...) Also southern Palestine looks a bit fat but that's really nitpicking!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It has to conform to the hexagonal grid pattern is all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gus I
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had a look at the new map.

I am surprised that Ireland is more mountainous than Transylvania, Iran and Western Turkey. The Atlas mountains have vanished from Morocco. The mountains of eastern Iraq are now in the west of that country, Arabia is not a desert. The soggiest bits of the Netherlands (north) are not a swamp, etc

Sorry to be so picky but when you look at the map the map for hours on end you'd like it to be right.

That said those fringe areas probably won't affect game play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.