Cosmic Encounter» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reincarnator flare confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Majewski
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When someones has to take a new alien card becuase of the reincarnator flair how does that player get a new alien power with the flair cards mixed in the deck? The rules really don't cover this situation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cary
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Clonefreak1 wrote:
When someones has to take a new alien card becuase of the reincarnator flair how does that player get a new alien power with the flair cards mixed in the deck? The rules really don't cover this situation!

They don't get their new Alien's flare. This is the disadvantage of getting reincarnated instead of just starting with the Alien.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that the Reincarnator flare is still in the deck, so that player still has the chance to get their own Super just like everyone else.

If the new power's flare was shuffled in, this would give that player an extra Super compared to everyone else (not to mention the fact that it would begin to glut the cosmic deck with too many flares as the Reincarnator used its power repeatedly).

EDIT: I missed the fact that he was talking about Wild Reincarnator. But at least the last part I wrote is still true (not that it's worth much):

Of course, there's always the chance that your new power's Flare will already be in the deck because of the random ones added in at game start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Majewski
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if I was clear on what I was asking, when someone loses an encounter and you give them the reincarnator flair and it strips them of their power, the card says to draw a new one. This is what the card says to do. By power does it mean something other then alien power or am I just not reading the card correctly. Am I not using the flair card correctly? Or do not all flairs get shuffled in? Should I just burn the box with all it's contents and go back to playing UNO!(I keep on running into these weird playing mechanic things with this game and my frustration level shoots through the roof when everybody that's playing looks at me like you own the game what do we do!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toomai Glittershine
Canada
flag msg tools
When you play Wild Reincarnator on someone, their original power (the big alien sheet) is tossed and they draw a new one at random. Nothing is done about the ten flares in the deck; the new alien is flareless (although there is a chance it could already be in there as one of the extras).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops. modest Actually Keith, you were clear. I was in a hurry and missed the word "flare" in your post, so I gave a stupid answer. Sorry about the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mazur
United States
Endicott
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Clonefreak1 wrote:
Or do not all flairs get shuffled in?

The desk is supposed to only have 10 flares in it. If you're shuffling them all in, then that's probably the source of your confusion.

Typically how we do it is deal 3 flares at random to everyone, let them pick which alien they want, remove or add flares depending on the number of players so that there's 10 total, and then shuffle them into the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Majewski
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright... Thank you everybody for your helpful replys, now I understand that there only ten flairs in the deck there fore there is still a pile of flairs availible for a player who gets this flair played on said player he has somewhere to draw an alien from. I definatley didn't read the rules on the amount of flairs in the deck and assumed... Which also probably solves anouther problem of someone getting nothing but flairs in their hand! Whoops! Thank you again everybody for your speedy responces and having patience with me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.