United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday Games is extremely excited to fill a long-needed demand, an affordable, higher-end crokinole board! Initial shipments of the preorders shipped on Aug. 26, 2010. The initial allocation sold out completely a couple of days before the release and a 2nd wave should hit the USA around the end of September, though it will be a much smaller shipment.

Our Deluxe Crokinole Board has a playing surface 26" in diameter (tournament sized). This game comes with 28 solid wood discs, 14 black and 14 tan/natural colored discs in a convenient box with scoring peg slots on top as well as game rules and care instructions. You only need 12 discs to play the game but having an extra couple is great in case any get lost/damaged. This will inclue 8 solid wood pegs for good rebound and a rubber/screw solution that can be easily installed for those who prefer the bounce/disc action that brings to the game. Solid wood material with hanging mounts on the back for easy wall storage/display, though we make no claims as to the strength of these hanging mounts (haven't tested them ourselves).

The board is full tournament sized and retails for $134.95. We did a preorder special from our website within the USA for the first few customers but the only price available should be full retail at this point.

We are ONLY be shipping within the 48 lower states via UPS Ground as each board weighs in at around 14 lbs, around 17 with careful packaging and the discs.

We are trying to bridge the gap for the average gamer who doesn't want to pay $40 for a really bad board, but may not be able to pay $300 for a custom-made board either. These are generally only available through www.maydaygames.com, though we have sold to a few stores/retailers.

UPDATE:
We have had a lot of questions about the raw materials of the board. The board is an MDF base which is lacquered to prevent water absorption/damage even on the bottom. The base is constructed of a base of MDF and a deck (inner circle) of MDF that is attached to form the well around the edges of the playing area. The outer ring is plywood for extra strength. The deck has a synthetic veneer (not hardwood) that is lacquered and then highly polished and finished to provide maximum smoothness and slickness during game play. We recommend applying a 100% carnauba wax to the surface of the board and the discs for maximum disc speed (not Pledge!). An example of this wax is found at:

http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-05550-California-Natural-Carna...

Included in the game will be 14 discs of black and 14 of natural grain. The discs come in wooden boxes which double as score keepers. We also include proper care and maintenance instructions in a newly updated instruction book with nice graphics and several play variants.

We are also happy to announce that we have included TWO sets of pegs, one that is all wood, and another that is wood with surgical/latex rubber, so all of you who prefer one over the other can choose when you get the board. You can put the pegs in to fit tightly, or you can drop a bit of wood glue in to permanently attach them if you want as well.

Of course if you have a material defect in the board itself we will accept return/exchange and pay the shipping both ways ourselves. We are also offering a full 1-year warranty on the board against material defect. You can email return/exchange issues to seth@maydaygames.com directly. We believe our product will be as good as anything on the market and want to prove it to you!

We welcome any further inquiries and are excited at the response thus far. We hope that this board will offer those who can't justify a $300+ game purchase with a chance to get a high-quality board at a reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
By early next week you mean this Monday the 1st?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes we will put the preorder and pics and details on Monday, around 11 AM Mountain Time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armin Brueckner
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you be posting the info in this thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schmit
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
Our Deluxe Crokinole Board has a playing surface 23 1/2" in diameter.
Quote:
The board will be full tournament sized...

World Crokinole Championship tournament boards are round with a 26" playing surface.

Unless you meant some other tournament...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
ratpfink wrote:
maydaygames wrote:
Our Deluxe Crokinole Board has a playing surface 23 1/2" in diameter.
Quote:
The board will be full tournament sized...

World Crokinole Championship tournament boards are round with a 26" playing surface.

Unless you meant some other tournament...

My thought as well. The smaller boards are a more economic use of materials (4 from one sheet of plywood as opposed to two) and can be made cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Seth asked me for tournament dimensions on Oct 1, 2008, and I replied (to which he acknowledged "I will put that in our specs"):

"Tournament specs call for a 26" diameter deck, with the circle lines drawn at radii of 4", 8", and 12" (and, of course, the 8 'pins' equidistant around the 4" circle). Center hole is 1 3/8" diameter. The ditch is generally another 2" out from deck edge, with a 1/2" drop from the edge of the deck to the ditch (though I understand a fair amount of boards only have a 1/4" drop). Either way, the center hole should only be 1/4" deep - a 'plug' is often used to raise it to this depth."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
Seth asked me for tournament dimensions on Oct 1, 2008, and I replied (to which he acknowledged "I will put that in our specs"):

"Tournament specs call for a 26" diameter deck, with the circle lines drawn at radii of 4", 8", and 12" (and, of course, the 8 'pins' equidistant around the 4" circle). Center hole is 1 3/8" diameter. The ditch is generally another 2" out from deck edge, with a 1/2" drop from the edge of the deck to the ditch (though I understand a fair amount of boards only have a 1/4" drop). Either way, the center hole should only be 1/4" deep - a 'plug' is often used to raise it to this depth."

Uh-oh...

26 - 2 - 0.5 = 23.5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clif antypowich
Canada
Oliver
BC. , Canada.
flag msg tools
Great to see other boards being made BUT if there going to be True turnament boards Please make them to the Standard of the World Championships. DON"T call them true turnament boards if they are not. This event WCC has set the standard and brought regulation uniformity to the game.That is being used by other tournaments such as the Ontario,Saskatchewan,British Columbia.And others starting up.
From the Crokinole players in Britsh Columbia we extend a warm welcome to come and compete with some of the worlds best crokinole players for the BC title on True turnament boards March 20 2010.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
cannoneer wrote:
thatmarkguy wrote:

Uh-oh...

26 - 2 - 0.5 = 23.5

Seth seemed to be fluent in English when I spoke to him.

I'd be curious to see how he managed to put a 12" radius circle on the surface of a 23.5" diameter deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, had a brain freeze... it is 26". I'll post all the specs and everything on Monday and post a link to the preorder as soon as we get it up. Sorry to scare everyone! Yes it WILL be the tournament size.

Me speak good english good too, and fluent in that same for you to me. Noted trouble is fixed in post of originality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Seth! This is FANTASTIC news! Will you be posting links for ordering here? I'm hoping to snag one of those first 100!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
yosemite wrote:
Hi, Seth! This is FANTASTIC news! Will you be posting links for ordering here? I'm hoping to snag one of those first 100!!!

Line begins after me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I'll post the link on Monday... glad this is being well received. We haven't been able to stop playing our prototype as it is...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
this is exactly the sort of thing I've been waiting for. Not sure if I can get in on the pre-order deal, as cash is tight right now. Will probably wind up paying more later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Dammit...this is exactly what I'm looking for and I can't partake. I'd bite on the preorder special, but I don't use my credit card for purchases like this and I'm tapped out save for what I've set aside for bills. If I had at least a week or two's notice I'd be all over this.

So...sorry Seth but I don't think I'll be ordering one from you. Again, I'd bite at the $99 mark, but I'm pretty sure I won't be in the 100 by the time I can try to purchase Feb 11th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is enough demand we can increase production and open up the preorder for more people, we aren't planning to even send this to distributors to start due to the shipping costs at this point. We will leave the preorder open until the end of February. Again this will ONLY be for US shipping addresses due to the size/weight of the boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you plan to make it available outside the US at some point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*waits patiently*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to sell some of my games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have put it up on preorder as of NOW. A lot of that price is for shipping because the shipment will be 16+ lbs. If you get two of them the combined shipping saves us some so you can do up to two of them and save a bit more too. We didn't feel like it would be fair to allow more than two per person since allocation will be very tight on this!

PREORDER at:
http://maydaygames.com/index.php/gaming-accessories/games/cr...

Edit: Cheesy youtube video removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
First Preorder?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Finberg
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nope
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks, Seth. I'll check the site Feb 11th and if there's some available, I'll buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that it REALLY matters, but it was David, Jaime, Gary, Ronald... top 4. We're thinking we will send a 13th disc for everyone who preorders this month too... My 7-year old ended up losing one of ours after only a week or so and I know the cost is insignificant for one extra disc. We'll post updates here on production, they are scheduled now but it will be a bit slow thanks to Chinese New Years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] |