Germany
Siegburg
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
www.spielerleben.de
badge
www.spielerleben.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been asked before, but as the Rules just have been updated I somehow have no trust in older threads.

Quote:
Arcane Energies:
DUNGEON: All ATTACKS from Heroes with Weapons become MAGIC ATTACKS. Draw one card

Is only the Attack-Value provided from the Heroes affected by this or also the Attack-Value of the equiped weapons? What about other Attack-Boni like Battle Fury or Feast? I checked the new rules but couldn't find anything about this, the glossary does not provide much help on this.

I really want to thank AEG for updating the rules, most of the issues I had have been solved!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Zwecklos wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but as the Rules just have been updated I somehow have no trust in older threads.

Quote:
Arcane Energies:
DUNGEON: All ATTACKS from Heroes with Weapons become MAGIC ATTACKS. Draw one card

Is only the Attack-Value provided from the Heroes affected by this or also the Attack-Value of the equiped weapons? What about other Attack-Boni like Battle Fury or Feast? I checked the new rules but couldn't find anything about this, the glossary does not provide much help on this.

I really want to thank AEG for updating the rules, most of the issues I had have been solved!

Since the Hero is using the weapon, the weapon damage becomes Magic as well. All attack bonuses are applied to the Hero or weapon would also be magical. Sorry for missing this in the glossary.

EDIT: This post is incorrect. As stated by jim pinto, the ONLY damage dealt directly by the Hero is changed to magic attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Klein
Germany
Siegburg
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
www.spielerleben.de
badge
www.spielerleben.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Michel
Germany
Stuttgart
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmb
@slaqr:

Just a few days before your post that has been ruled differently, Posted Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:48 am:

jimpinto wrote:
Arcane Energies, as written, affects the Hero and not his weapon. We may choose to errata this later, with a better card wording because the logic is causing so many hic-cups, but from an editing perspective the card clearly indicates the HERO with a weapon gains the benefit of the spell. I'm probably splitting hairs here, but that was the intention of the card.

Nothing in the 1.4 rules indicates a change.

Your answer sounds official. Is it? And where does it come from?

And what about Goodberries? The card text is ambiguous too and following this question, Posted Sun Nov 8, 2009 12:43 pm:

MiWi wrote:
3. Goodberries, a Village Card says: "[...] ATTACK becomes MAGIC ATTACK for that Hero." Does that include the ATTACK of the Hero's Weapon as well? In other words, does this card have any effect on magical heroes using non-magic weapons?
Arcane Energies ("All ATTACKS from Heroes with Weapons become MAGIC ATTACKS") poses a similar problem.

this was also ruled as separate values, Posted Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:10 pm:

jimpinto wrote:
Only the hero's attack becomes magical. All attack bonuses are kept separate and calculated separately for the purposes of monsters that are immune or suffer 1/2 damage, etc.

Also the Glossary entry in the 1.4 rules does not help:

Quote:
Goodberries: After the final Attack bonus of the Hero is calculated, its entire bonus becomes Magic Attack. Militia are Heroes, and may benefit from this card.

The new term "final Attack bonus" is used but never explained and therefore doesn't necessarily include the bonus from a weapon. Also "of the Hero" could indicate that "and of his Weapon" is not meant.

Is there an official ruling for Goodberries?

Hopefully Goodberries is ruled the same way as Arcane Energies. Otherwise this goes from splitting hair to splitting atoms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
carpetemporem wrote:
@slaqr:

Just a few days before your post that has been ruled differently, Posted Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:48 am:

jimpinto wrote:
Arcane Energies, as written, affects the Hero and not his weapon. We may choose to errata this later, with a better card wording because the logic is causing so many hic-cups, but from an editing perspective the card clearly indicates the HERO with a weapon gains the benefit of the spell. I'm probably splitting hairs here, but that was the intention of the card.

Nothing in the 1.4 rules indicates a change.

Your answer sounds official. Is it? And where does it come from?

And what about Goodberries? The card text is ambiguous too and following this question, Posted Sun Nov 8, 2009 12:43 pm:

MiWi wrote:
3. Goodberries, a Village Card says: "[...] ATTACK becomes MAGIC ATTACK for that Hero." Does that include the ATTACK of the Hero's Weapon as well? In other words, does this card have any effect on magical heroes using non-magic weapons?
Arcane Energies ("All ATTACKS from Heroes with Weapons become MAGIC ATTACKS") poses a similar problem.

this was also ruled as separate values, Posted Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:10 pm:

jimpinto wrote:
Only the hero's attack becomes magical. All attack bonuses are kept separate and calculated separately for the purposes of monsters that are immune or suffer 1/2 damage, etc.

Also the Glossary entry in the 1.4 rules does not help:

Quote:
Goodberries: After the final Attack bonus of the Hero is calculated, its entire bonus becomes Magic Attack. Militia are Heroes, and may benefit from this card.

The new term "final Attack bonus" is used but never explained and therefore doesn't necessarily include the bonus from a weapon. Also "of the Hero" could indicate that "and of his Weapon" is not meant.

Is there an official ruling for Goodberries?

Hopefully Goodberries is ruled the same way as Arcane Energies. Otherwise this goes from splitting hair to splitting atoms.

Carpetemporum ~

Unfortunately this question has bounced back and forth from player to designer to developer to designer to player and back again. As it currently seems, both items should, as jim stated, affect ONLY the Hero and not the weapon. This seems to be Mike's intention (now that we have that all clarified), and is how the item was meant to be. The damage from the Hero originates from the Hero, the damage from the Weapon originates from the Weapon. Thusly, each item/spell (goodberries/arcane energies) only affects the card from which the attack originates (Heroes).

So sorry for any confusion. My answers are, technically, official. However...there has been a disconnect on this issue. That is not resolved, and the answer you see from jim is the one that stuck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.